5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is .5" more, really worth it?

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I know... according to HER, it matters.

Now, that that's outta the way. I currently have the Readylift 2" inch level on my truck. Well, ever since I put on 35's, I feel like it could use a little more lift up front. The tires don't rub at all, and that's not the reason but to me the truck looks "raked" again.

I originally wanted to add a 3 inch spacer to replace my 2 inch spacer but I read around and that's not optimal.

Will swapping the 2 inch spacer for a 2.5 inch spacer be worth the hassle?

I cant go any higher than a leveling kit because then my truck won't fit in the garage.

20220604_183716.jpg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m confused- you want to go higher but can’t go higher?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It looks level to me. Get an actual side shot of the truck but I'm gonna say the 1/2" wouldn't be worth it

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Looks perfect to me.

I did the 2.5" levelling kit on my dually and found that while empty, it was perfect but as soon as I loaded my sleds on the deck, the rear set lower enough to notice. This was a pretty common load for that truck so I ended up loosening off the rear axle u-bolts and adding a 3/4" spacer in the rear to get back to a slight rake. Had I known, I would have just done the 2" front spacer like I had in all my previous trucks and saved some hassle.

Toss a few hundred pounds in the bed and see how it sits before you make a decision.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see what you’re saying about the front fender well gap being lower than the rear. If it were mine and I were trying to save cash, I’d either get the motofab 2.5” tophat spacers, or stack a Wulf 1/2” spacer on top the existing spacer (not sure if motofab makes 1/2”).

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Problem with totally level is...if you put a unicorn fart in the bed you look like this...
Lol, you’re not wrong! But I feel like even when a truck is dead level it still looks rear high in my opinion. My truck is 1.7” higher in the front and certain angles look pretty level & certain ones the Cali lean is exaggerated. First pic is 5.7” lift up front & 3” in rear. Second pic is 4” lift up front & 2” in the rear. So the difference is the top is .7” higher compared to the rear than it was in the second pic. EADF9547-EA16-4F5D-9C69-A8B0D5F43009.jpeg 87014153-64A5-4B76-821F-3009CC8BDC8D.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Perception is a funny thing. That truck looks squatted in both those pics to me.
If it was mine, I'd be raising the back up till it looked right, regardless of what any tape measure says.
I just bought some teraflex gladiator 3/4” spacers for that exact reason. Mine looks to me like it’s squatting even though it’s level with a tape.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put some Timber Grove air bags in the rear. They'll lift it 0.5" just from having some air there, and then you can always level the load if you put something in the bed. Win/win.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Perception is a funny thing. That truck looks squatted in both those pics to me.
If it was mine, I'd be raising the back up till it looked right, regardless of what any tape measure says.
Haha interesting. The second pic does have a bit of cali lean but that first pic is almost dead level looking. I hate the look of a truck being rear high, it kills the whole look to me. But this style is so common in SoCal that I guess I’m just used to it. I’d much rather dial in what looks best to me & then just add airbags if I ever haul or tow heavy lol

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like you might actually off road tour rig.

So remember if you level up another 0.5”, that’s another 0.5” less of down travel up front.

For that reason when it comes to leveling kits, for me it’s as high as necessary, as low as possible.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha interesting. The second pic does have a bit of cali lean but that first pic is almost dead level looking. I hate the look of a truck being rear high, it kills the whole look to me. But this style is so common in SoCal that I guess I’m just used to it. I’d much rather dial in what looks best to me & then just add airbags if I ever haul or tow heavy lol
The reason for the perception is the ground is not the same. The tops of the fenders look level because the picture is rotated.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
The air bags are an excellent idea as well and give you ultimate flexibility.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never mind. I somehow thought you said you were nose high and wanted more rear lift. Air bags won't help you there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good the way it is. I had mine perfectly level when measuring from fender to ground. Some angles looked good others looked nose high. I added 1" spacers in the rear. Didn't make a drastic change, but just looks so much better at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread