5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipone won’t message wirelessly on 12” display

RamLife

Reaction score
Has any one had luck using there iPhone wirelessly using CarPlay. If I plug in the USB port car play pops up on the screen but wirelessly it only Bluetooths and I can’t use messaging. Is it my iPhoneX or is the 12” display?

RichT

Reaction score
carplay works fine wireless in my other truck to a pioneer, so I assume you guys mean the 12" (and likely 8.4") do not work wireless with carplay.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2018 Model Rams got Carplay on the 8.4" screens, but like our 2019's, they also need the usb connection.

I'm assuming the pioneer referenced is an aftermarket stereo, regardless of vehicle year. It's a stereo HARDWARE issue, it will never be resolved for any of us without replacing the radio as @RichT mentioned.

grinch72

Reaction score
carplay works fine wireless in my other truck to a pioneer, so I assume you guys mean the 12" (and likely 8.4") do not work wireless with carplay.
It's only because your aftermarket Pioneer radio supports it. I think only BMW supports it today in a factory system

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It's only because your aftermarket Pioneer radio supports it. I think only BMW supports it today in a factory system
This is correct. BMW 5 series only (at least until recently. It may be more models now).

Users who are viewing this thread