5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invoice is the New MSRP

breakwater

Reaction score
Right now Ram commercials in my area, say up to 11,000 off, on Bighorns and Laramies.
And, if it isn't too personal, where is your area? I can be mobile for the right price 🤣😂

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And, if it isn't too personal, where is your area? I can be mobile for the right price 🤣😂
Michigan. My problem, is I am trying to order a limited, as soon as they get things straight at Ram. There are no deals on limiteds, so I will have to order out of state.

U

User_3336

Right now Ram commercials in my area, say up to 11,000 off, on Bighorns and Laramies.
The disclaimer there is "UP TO"...... That could mean 11,000 off on a Big Horn (very possible), but only $1,000 off, for example, on a Laramie.

Doesn't mean both trim levels are $11,000 off . . (I guarantee they're not).

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The disclaimer there is "UP TO"...... That could mean 11,000 off on a Big Horn (very possible), but only $1,000 off, for example, on a Laramie.

Doesn't mean both trim levels are $11,000 off . . (I guarantee they're not).
I believe it is either, but the up to, is generally having to qualify for 15 different discounts, that nobody does. They do from time to time give the discounts to Laramies, just never the Limited I want.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ Perfect example is JC Penny. The case study of Ron Johnson fits well here. A lot of things went wrong but primarily he tried to get rid of the heavy discounts and just put one cheap price. The end result was a massive failure. People like to feel they got a deal. The exception in this regard is Tesla, which has such a superior and unique product, they can pull it off.
I would hardly call Tesla a superior product. Just unique. They have problems as all the rest of the auto brands. My truck or car haven't hit the guardrail or any emergency vehicles yet, so, just sayin.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I would hardly call Tesla a superior product. Just unique. They have problems as all the rest of the auto brands. My truck or car haven't hit the guardrail or any emergency vehicles yet, so, just sayin.

I wonder how long ago I posted that. No doubt when I did, Tesla was top dog in the EV game.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I think there are a few others that are in the lead now.🤔
Companies are catching up but no doubt Tesla is still the leader and benchmark. Everything is compared to them. They probably are still #1 sales even with a tax disadvantage.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Companies are catching up but no doubt Tesla is still the leader and benchmark. Everything is compared to them. They probably are still #1 sales even with a tax disadvantage.
Just wish they would stop calling them self driving and auto pilot. Idiots think they can sleep or have $e) in the back seat and not get killed or kill someone else. Besides that, any minor damage that damages the battery totals the car.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Just wish they would stop calling them self driving and auto pilot. Idiots think they can sleep or have $e) in the back seat and not get killed or kill someone else. Besides that, any minor damage that damages the battery totals the car.
People will be people. They are dumb lol. Doesn't any battery damage to any EV total the car?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
WOW this is a great thread. So much legit content and also some comments that "didn't age well."

TESLA - Yes the one-price direct from mfr method works, but then they had to slash prices and certainly DID upset some previous buyers!
IPHONE - Definitely not all the same price, varies if you are buying it outright, adding a new phoneline to existing account, new account all together. Newest model versus previous model, both new in stock in store, very different price - depending on if you're getting it at the beginning or end of it's release

The cold pepsi probably the best analogy in the mix - yes you can see TRUCK MONTH great incentives on '22's as RAM wants to clear the lots nationally of those, moving on to 23's. 23's are the cold pepsi. 23 limiteds are the cold pepsi with rum (though, Rum & coke just sounds better)

Back to the original yes there are CERTAINLY a number of ways that dealerships make money. How each one chooses to balance their business for the best result in THEIR market (regionally) and the timing (how is the economy) is left up to dealer discretion, just like most businesses. Some restaurants set themselves up for high volume takeout, others - others can't take online ordering, grubhub, or large orders. Some dealers make their hay on parts & service, others on big used inventory in their region, others on premium vehicles and markups, others on volume. Luckily, today you have a lot more choice and more access to information.

End of the day, did you get the vehicle YOU wanted, that provides the right value equation to YOU? That value equation will have to weigh in the time you spent, the stress you spent, your perception of the truck itself, how mad your significant other is for the amount of time you obsess over your new wheels, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread