5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invisible Glass

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I spent a couple hours this morning cleaning my truck.

I gotta say, Invisible Glass glass cleaner really works.

We bought a can a few years back to get the heavy coat of plasticizer off the inside of the windshield on my wife's Camry. I didn't think I had nearly as much until today, when I tried cleaning the glass with Windex and just ended up with a lot of smears. Dug around and found the Invisible Glass and now the windows are really invisible.

Skater

Reaction score
I’ve only ever used the spray. I don’t know how well the aerosol works, but I would bet pretty well.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's all I ever use and I love it plus it's tint safe. I always use the aerosol can, never tried the spray.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i use the spray, im not sure what the price difference is but id lean towards using the regular spray over the aerosol

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Just picked some up with the accompanying tool and it seems to work quite well. Thanks for the tip!

Ziggy2

Reaction score
I've used IG for years and it works great. Just a tip to users, you have to be careful with the aerosol can as if you are too close to the glass when first spraying, the gas released will leave a circle of film that the cleaner will NOT remove when you go to wipe. It will be noticeable in corners of the windshield over time. I had to use goof-off to get rid of it once and a while until I figured out what was actually causing it. I switched to the pump trigger spray bottle and the problem went away on all my vehicles. It must be something to do with the propellant they use in the cans.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I go between IG and Adams glass cleaner, both good. I find the cloth you use more important. What are you guys using? Just when I think I have a good one I eventually end up with smears. I've used newspaper in the past but no readily supply nowadays

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ziggy2

Reaction score
I use what I would consider a 12x12 diaper cloth. Very thick, white cotton with blue stitching. I cannot find them anymore for the life of me! I always wipe with one side when wet and flip over and follow up with a second dry wipe for a final buff on the glass. Works like a charm.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I use what I would consider a 12x12 diaper cloth. Very thick, white cotton with blue stitching. I cannot find them anymore for the life of me! I always wipe with one side when wet and flip over and follow up with a second dry wipe for a final buff on the glass. Works like a charm.
Ha, I know exactly which cloths you're talking about and I have them here! Now, where!?!

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I go between IG and Adams glass cleaner, both good. I find the cloth you use more important. What are you guys using? Just when I think I have a good one I eventually end up with smears. I've used newspaper in the past but no readily supply nowadays

For glass, you will want to use a "waffle weave" microfiber.

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
I've been using invisible glass for years! I use that stuff for everything too! It is a fantastic cleaner for pretty much any surface. Leaves no residue or smudges. I always keep a can in each vehicle and several at the house/garage.

bwsRam19

Reaction score
Invisible glass, spray away are good brands, a tint guy once told me to stay away from ammonia based window cleaners(like windex), could possibly damage tint. jfyi

Users who are viewing this thread