5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Jared and wanted to welcome you to the website. I own a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport and created this website because I'm a fan of Ram trucks and had a lot of interest in the 5th Gen. I saw a lot of posts in Facebook groups etc with tons of incorrect information and decided to make a website and post information that I knew to be correct. I also liked the idea of a site run by a Truck owner and enthusiast that knows what truck owners are looking for in a truck as opposed to a media outlet. Luckily through the site I have connected with a few insiders, spy photographers and receive an FCA press pass. This all allows me to bring all of you the latest information and photos as they become available. I hope that you enjoy the site and that it provides some value to you, I look forward to talking to all of you here in the forums.

This is my current Ram which I love but will most likely get replaced with a 5th Gen shortly.

How it looks in the Summer

And on the stock wheels with BFG KO2's in the winter

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice job on the website! I had a 2014 Laramie CC 4x4, which I traded for my current 2016 F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 4x4 as the Ram would not fit into the garage of our new house. Both trucks were great, but both had/have their issues. I'm really interested in the new 5th gen Laramie or Limited.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks VectorZ, glad to have you here! The 2016+ F150s are nice trucks, I have a few friends with them and they love them. I've had a few minor issues with my 2016 Ram and they've had a few minor things with their F150's as well, it's just a byproduct of Mass Production I guess. Ram really went after quality with the 5th Gens and moving to a more modern plant is probably really going to help in that area as well so hopefully quality improves, I've been told that it will. I'm actually torn between the same 2 trim levels as you, either a Laramie with the Sport of Black package, or a Limited with the body coloured bumpers. I'll get a better idea when I see them in person.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually really like the Longhorn, just not all the cowboy buckles and badges everywhere. In the pic you posted those are actually the only wheels that I like so far.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
VectorZ post_id=29 time=1517020899 user_id=82 said:
I actually really like the Longhorn, just not all the cowboy buckles and badges everywhere. In the pic you posted those are actually the only wheels that I like so far.
Me too, but I'm more of a city than cowboy type plus I'm not a fan of light wood, I love the wood work in the Limited interior though especially with that silver inlay.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too, I wonder what the price increase will be from Laramie to Limited...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Been a member on RamForumz for years(bushmaster), thought I would join here too. Currently have a 2014 Outdoorsman, looking at getting a 2019 Rebel.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I recognize you from there, it's a great site. Glad to have you over here as well!

pazzloski

Reaction score
Hey guys currently drive a 07 tundra but really liking the new rebel. May trade in when it becomes available! Great site with some great info!

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
For those whom I've not already bored with the story, I don't yet have a truck and am therefore not one of the cool people. I'm relatively new to FCA/Mopar, but was blown away by what they offer. I'd gotten out of the four wheel scene after getting interested in motorcycles years ago and had lost touch. After returning from a Tail Of The Dragon trip in 2016, it became apparent that my trailer tower needed a few more oomphs. Not long after that I took a gig on the FCA account and wanting to both know about the product line to support my employer and having an interest in researching products for a vehicle upgrade, I stumbled across the glory that is things like Hellcats, Grand Cherokees (TrackHawk!), Ram Rebels and on one fine day, a concept vehicle that made me forget about everything else I had thus far researched - the Ram Rebel TRX concept. That was the coolest thing I had ever seen, by a long shot. It was also a perfect fit - crew cab, gobs of power, and a hefty increase in towing capacity over my current aging rust bucket. Not only will that thing tow the enclosed motorcycle trailer with ease, it will also facilitate its own day of fun off-road and has enough grunt (and suspension/braking) to upgrade my current trailer to one that will also tow a car - in addition to motorcycles (or, more motorcycles). I'm not normally a truck guy (had an F-150 back in 1990 and I wasn't terribly fond of having a pickup truck, but things have changed since then), but the TRX caught my attention and I have since become rather fond of the Ram Rebel. The DT Rebel is especially appealing as it borrows many styling cues from the TRX and the performance numbers are great (though I do wish it had paddle shifters - I've been driving stick shifts for over 30 years, still do, and while my left knee is starting to tire of it, I will never willingly abdicate the responsibility of my shift selection to a software engineer).In short - I'm in the market and I strongly like what I see with the 5thgenRams!

Users who are viewing this thread