5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction - 2019 1500 Limited: Converted Ford Owner

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The dealer just posted my 2015 F150 on their website. Someone will be a fool to pay $30k+ for it!
Especially with the IWE issue it has and a messed up front bumper that was going to cost $2k to fix that the dealer never noticed.

https://crowncdjr.com/used-Holland-2015-Ford-F+150-Lariat-1FTFW1EF7FFC79884
Hard to believe a 15' is worth 30k... but then, PT Barnum said something about a sucker...

I saw that Dillon Ram up in Idaho has a 19' limited 4x4 for $52K.
I'd imagine a person could squeeze that even further...under $50K could be reasonable for a 19' now.

NEW 2019 RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" BOX
VIN: 1C6SRFHT2KN572782 STOCK #: 4K0103
  • Engine: Regular Unleaded V-8 5.7 L/345
  • Trans: 8-Speed Automatic 8HP75 Transmission
  • Drivetrain: 4x4
  • Exterior: Diamond Black Crystal Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint
  • HWY: 21 MPG | CITY: 15 MPG †
MSRP $64,655
CHRYSLER FINANCING DISCOUNT $2,000
GUARANTEED PRICE $51,024

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited in Delmonico Red with black interior. I've got the following options:

- Body colored bumpers
- Level 1 Equipment Group
- Tri-fold tonneau cover
- 3.92 gear ratio
- 5.7L V8 without the eTorque (which means no start/stop :))
- Panoramic Sunroof
- 22" wheels
- Trailer brake controler

Total MSRP was $67,650, I got it for $53,500 + tax, title, license. I also got included a full bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years & 75k miles and the ceramic coatings and interior protection.

I traded in a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat, and this Ram blows the Ford away in comparison. When shopping for a new truck, I never even considered a Ford and only other truck I looked at was the 2019 Sierra AT4. The Sierra doesn't even compare to the Ram.

Any insight into the new Ram that I should know about? Simple mods?
Congrats!

bwsall

Reaction score
1. Get the Weathertech Mud flaps (front and rear) to protect your paint and wheel well trim. Stay away from the Mopar ones, they are a bad design.
2. Auxiliary reverse lights are easy to install with a Y splitter for more light at night backing up.
3. Swap out of Third brake light and Cargo light in the third brake light with LEDs for better brightness and longevity.
4. (My Favorite Mod) Tazer DT so you can see any of your camera views all of the time with no timeout, be able to enter addresses in your Nav while moving, and change your Daytime Running Lights to the Amber blinker bars or fog lights which are way brighter than the tiny dim white bands below the headlights.

Congrats on the truck and welcome to the group!
What brand LEDs did you go with for the third brake light and cargo light?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I went with Super Bright LEDs but Diode Dynamics are equal or better quality also. The ones you get on Amazon that are under $10 flicker after a given period of time as those are the ones I purchased originally and now have replaced. My Super Bright LED Cargo lights are brighter than the Amazon ones also. Here are the links to the two types.
White cargo lights: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-base/1701/4011/
Third Brake Light bulb: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...d-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/206/922/

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Look at VLED. They are super bright and excellent quality. Customer service is awesome too. I had one bulb go out on my last truck and they sent me two new ones, free of charge. I just purchased some from LASFIT and they are in the shipping process now.

Tonka Truck

Reaction score
1. Get the Weathertech Mud flaps (front and rear) to protect your paint and wheel well trim. Stay away from the Mopar ones, they are a bad design.
2. Auxiliary reverse lights are easy to install with a Y splitter for more light at night backing up.
3. Swap out of Third brake light and Cargo light in the third brake light with LEDs for better brightness and longevity.
4. (My Favorite Mod) Tazer DT so you can see any of your camera views all of the time with no timeout, be able to enter addresses in your Nav while moving, and change your Daytime Running Lights to the Amber blinker bars or fog lights which are way brighter than the tiny dim white bands below the headlights.

Congrats on the truck and welcome to the group!
Is it necessary to install the bypass module behind the radio for the Tazer DT to work in the 2019 Ram?

Tonka Truck

Reaction score
JJRamTX:
Is it necessary to install the bypass module behind the radio for the Tazer DT to work in the 2019 Ram?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome, you will love the Ram. I've had mine almost 16 months now - custom ordered it and traded my '16 F150 (that I also ordered) for it. Don't miss the F150 one bit. The turbo's kicking in on the 2.7 were fun....but very glad to have a Hemi again.

No issues with the Ram, compared to the F150. F150 was nice...but not a fan of playing Russian roulette with the frozen door latches and them trying to put me in another F150 as a loaner!

LED cargo / 3rd brake light bulbs, OEM Mopar All Weather Mats and WeatherTech floor mats. The Ram app isn't as fast as the Ford App in regards to remote start and unlocking.

bwsall

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome, you will love the Ram. I've had mine almost 16 months now - custom ordered it and traded my '16 F150 (that I also ordered) for it. Don't miss the F150 one bit. The turbo's kicking in on the 2.7 were fun....but very glad to have a Hemi again.

No issues with the Ram, compared to the F150. F150 was nice...but not a fan of playing Russian roulette with the frozen door latches and them trying to put me in another F150 as a loaner!

LED cargo / 3rd brake light bulbs, OEM Mopar All Weather Mats and WeatherTech floor mats. The Ram app isn't as fast as the Ford App in regards to remote start and unlocking.
Thanks!! I’m just finished a road trip from Michigan to Tennessee and back in it for Thanksgiving, and I just love this truck even more now. It doesn’t even compare to the F150.

I plan to order some LEDs for the third brake and cargo lights this week. Thanks for the suggestion!

For the floor mats, my Limited came with the Limited all weather mats that have the carpet inserts. The carpet portion just snaps out and leaves the rubber mats. I’m going to try these for a month or so with the Michigan winter before looking at others.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Thanks!! I’m just finished a road trip from Michigan to Tennessee and back in it for Thanksgiving, and I just love this truck even more now. It doesn’t even compare to the F150.

I plan to order some LEDs for the third brake and cargo lights this week. Thanks for the suggestion!

For the floor mats, my Limited came with the Limited all weather mats that have the carpet inserts. The carpet portion just snaps out and leaves the rubber mats. I’m going to try these for a month or so with the Michigan winter before looking at others.
Pro tip...order the Mopar slush mats now. My Laramie Longhorny has the same mats and they do not cover anywhere NEAR as well as the slush mats.

Users who are viewing this thread