5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction - 2019 1500 Limited: Converted Ford Owner

bwsall

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited in Delmonico Red with black interior. I've got the following options:

- Body colored bumpers
- Level 1 Equipment Group
- Tri-fold tonneau cover
- 3.92 gear ratio
- 5.7L V8 without the eTorque (which means no start/stop :))
- Panoramic Sunroof
- 22" wheels
- Trailer brake controler

Total MSRP was $67,650, I got it for $53,500 + tax, title, license. I also got included a full bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years & 75k miles and the ceramic coatings and interior protection.

I traded in a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat, and this Ram blows the Ford away in comparison. When shopping for a new truck, I never even considered a Ford and only other truck I looked at was the 2019 Sierra AT4. The Sierra doesn't even compare to the Ram.

Any insight into the new Ram that I should know about? Simple mods?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. Get the Weathertech Mud flaps (front and rear) to protect your paint and wheel well trim. Stay away from the Mopar ones, they are a bad design.
2. Auxiliary reverse lights are easy to install with a Y splitter for more light at night backing up.
3. Swap out of Third brake light and Cargo light in the third brake light with LEDs for better brightness and longevity.
4. (My Favorite Mod) Tazer DT so you can see any of your camera views all of the time with no timeout, be able to enter addresses in your Nav while moving, and change your Daytime Running Lights to the Amber blinker bars or fog lights which are way brighter than the tiny dim white bands below the headlights.

Congrats on the truck and welcome to the group!

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck purchase. I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited back in June and I have 20,000 miles on my truck. I love it more today than I did the day my wife bought it for me. These trucks are amazing.

bwsall

Reaction score
1. Get the Weathertech Mud flaps (front and rear) to protect your paint and wheel well trim. Stay away from the Mopar ones, they are a bad design.
2. Auxiliary reverse lights are easy to install with a Y splitter for more light at night backing up.
3. Swap out of Third brake light and Cargo light in the third brake light with LEDs for better brightness and longevity.
4. (My Favorite Mod) Tazer DT so you can see any of your camera views all of the time with no timeout, be able to enter addresses in your Nav while moving, and change your Daytime Running Lights to the Amber blinker bars or fog lights which are way brighter than the tiny dim white bands below the headlights.

Congrats on the truck and welcome to the group!
Thanks! I definitely plan on the third brake light and cargo lights to LED. It seems there is no manufacture that TRULY makes every light LED. On my Ford, I had to change out the license plate lights. With the Ram its the third brake and cargo lights.

Looking into the Tazer DT now, thanks for the info!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your new Ram. Delmonico Red is a great color (I might be a little biased)! :D

bwsall

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your new Ram. Delmonico Red is a great color (I might be a little biased)! :D
Thank you! I love the color too. When I first saw the truck on the dealers website, I didn't really care for it. So I had the dealer hunt me out a black on black 2019 Ram and the nearest one with the options I wanted was 800 miles away. So he talked me into coming to the dealer to see it in person and I fell in love with the color.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 59

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. You’ve come to the right place to make your money disappear in modding.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

VdMer

Reaction score
Congrats. I came from a '15 F150 Lariat as well. Couldn't agree more on them being nite/day...and so far, the Ram (for me) has been way more reliable in year 1 vs what I dealt with on my Ford (again, nite & day). MPG aside, there isn't a thing I miss about the Ford...notably that my door latches don't freeze anymore is just the start of it. That's that and its all in the rearview mirror. Some good mods listed, but honestly...I am still discovering little feature nuggets after a year and 16k miles that are worth getting to know too. Best of luck with the new ride!

bwsall

Reaction score
Congrats. I came from a '15 F150 Lariat as well. Couldn't agree more on them being nite/day...and so far, the Ram (for me) has been way more reliable in year 1 vs what I dealt with on my Ford (again, nite & day). MPG aside, there isn't a thing I miss about the Ford...notably that my door latches don't freeze anymore is just the start of it. That's that and its all in the rearview mirror. Some good mods listed, but honestly...I am still discovering little feature nuggets after a year and 16k miles that are worth getting to know too. Best of luck with the new ride!
Thanks! I had a WHOLE bunch of issues with my F150. I had the frozen door latches numerous times, but the worst was the IWE issue with the 4x4. It was fixed under warranty two times (last time was Oct. '18), and was messing up again. Dealer said it is no longer covered because it was out of powertrain warranty and 2 weeks after the 12 month warranty from the last fix, and would cost $4,000-$5,000 to fix. So I said it'll soon be traded in for something not a Ford, and his response was "well if that's what you have to do." So it was so long Ford, and hello Ram Limited!

VdMer

Reaction score
Thanks! I had a WHOLE bunch of issues with my F150. I had the frozen door latches numerous times, but the worst was the IWE issue with the 4x4. It was fixed under warranty two times (last time was Oct. '18), and was messing up again. Dealer said it is no longer covered because it was out of powertrain warranty and 2 weeks after the 12 month warranty from the last fix, and would cost $4,000-$5,000 to fix. So I said it'll soon be traded in for something not a Ford, and his response was "well if that's what you have to do." So it was so long Ford, and hello Ram Limited!

Ah yes...IWE. I rolled in for the Trade-in and that thing was griding and on the brink. Knew it was coming and after 2x panoroofs replaced, faulty windshield washer sprayer, alignment issues, sync radio not turning on at all the worst times (road trips)...etc etc..all in 24 months - cya!

bwsall

Reaction score
Sm
Ah yes...IWE. I rolled in for the Trade-in and that thing was griding and on the brink. Knew it was coming and after 2x panoroofs replaced, faulty windshield washer sprayer, alignment issues, sync radio not turning on at all the worst times (road trips)...etc etc..all in 24 months - cya!
Same here! I had my fingers crossed it wouldn’t do it when they drove it for the trade appraisal! I feel bad for it’s next owner ‍♂️

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I too came from a 15’ XLT 150, only miss the torquey 2.7 and the 22-23 mpg consistently on the highway. I don’t miss the exhaust sound, the potential for issues with the 1st gen 2.7 eco fuel delivery system, and the poor interior.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Sm

Same here! I had my fingers crossed it wouldn’t do it when they drove it for the trade appraisal! I feel bad for it’s next owner ‍♂
Hmm, a recent F150forum post about IWE noises...
”We just traded in our 15 F150 for This very issue. Multiple vacuum lines, valves, CV joints etc. We lost 4WD completely last year during the worst snow of the year. 3 tows in one week.
Anyway, this Last time we took it in because the drone never went away. It would get worse going through roundabouts. Shift hard into 4WD and in AWD put your foot into it it acted like the front end would fall apart. I asked the dealer to drop the front diff and look at fluid/gears but they didnt. Did a TSB for some spacers or dumb thing for IWE. Noise was still there after we picked it up. Only had 48k on it.
I wont get into electrical issue we were having on it.”
End of post quote (F150forum.com).

Let’s see, the frozen door latches sticky thread has 221K views and the cooled seats, a mere 1,444,162. Thats 1.4 million... o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Well you could have just traded it in at Ford for a 17’ or 18’ EB 3.5 and had this “cold start rattle” which develops after 15K and Ford now is saying “normal engine sound” A they got tired of paying for all 4 cam phasers and tensioners to be replaced... theres a couple UTube videos, the engines sound like tractors...
2018 3.5 Ecoboost cold start rattle
“So my truck has the dreaded cold startup rattle for about 3 seconds after a cold soak. The TSB's that addressed this issue were for the older models and I believe this was supposed to be fixed for the 2018's but not so much in my case. After taking three videos and showing my service center, they still needed to replicate the sound. I dropped off my truck three different nights and started it the next morning with a tech. The third time it made the noise. They said they just worked on another 2018 with the same issue and would be ordering the same parts and I am waiting for a callback. In the meantime, does anybody know of a TSB for the 2018's with this issue? Anybody have experience with what parts should be replaced? I read numerous threads about the timing chain and phasers getting changed out but sometimes that did not even fix the issue for others. This is ridiculous for a new truck and probably the last time I will buy a Ford...also service so far has been horrible and if it wasn't for my persistence and micro-managing, they would not have done a thing. Seems like every service center in my area doesn't want to do their job.”

end of copied F150forum.com post

Only a 29 page thread, and counting... Maybe RAM has a few issues but the hemi tick is NOTHING in comparison to what a lot of 5.0 and ecoboost owners are having... And I was a Ford truck owner.

bwsall

Reaction score
Haven't signed the papers yet, but the color is growing on me. I love the interior....
I wasn't sure I would like the color either when I was looking at the pictures online. The salesman talked me into coming to see and I fell in love with it. Love it more each day!

I was originally in the market for a 2020 Limited with the black appearance package (my Ford was blacked out), but I got a much better deal on the 2019, and to me the Delmonico Red Limited looks more "luxurious" than the blacked out Limited.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I wasn't sure I would like the color either when I was looking at the pictures online. The salesman talked me into coming to see and I fell in love with it. Love it more each day!

I was originally in the market for a 2020 Limited with the black appearance package (my Ford was blacked out), but I got a much better deal on the 2019, and to me the Delmonico Red Limited looks more "luxurious" than the blacked out Limited.
I love the look of a black truck, but can't stand the cleaning required. This will be my first truck in nearly a dozen that isn't white or silver. Already scheduled an appointment for Scorpion 2 stage ceramic coating so maybe I won't have to work so hard to keep it shiny-ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online