5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent vibration and noise

Edge

Reaction score
Vibration and noise is happening intermittently. What a pain (literally) in the ear. It's rather loud and irritating inside the CAB. Embarrassing to drive anyone. Need a fix! It juststarted this morning. 19,000 miles. Sat in garage over weekend. Started RAM this morning and it was very bad. It didn't matter what speed, it just comes and goes.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your ANC (active noise cancellation) is acting up. There is a technical service bulletin to correct the issue. You can verify this yourself by disconnecting the harness from the amplifier under the driver seat. The other, much easier method is to roll down your window

Edge

Reaction score
Ummmmm it’s winter time here. Am I to roll down my window to see if it stops? What is the fix, or woul you know, how long it would take to fix at dealership? I have to get oil changed anyway, think I’d take care of this at one time.
Thank you!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your ANC (active noise cancellation) is acting up. There is a technical service bulletin to correct the issue. You can verify this yourself by disconnecting the harness from the amplifier under the driver seat. The other, much easier method is to roll down your window
Coming for passenger back seat area?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, roll down the window a bit and see if it stops. The definitive way is to unplug the ANC module under the seat, it will disable sound from your speakers. Not sure how long the fix would take, its either replacement of the unit or a software upgrade

Edge

Reaction score
Yes, roll down the window a bit and see if it stops. The definitive way is to unplug the ANC module under the seat, it will disable sound from your speakers. Not sure how long the fix would take, its either replacement of the unit or a software upgrade
Thanks for the heads up! What's strange is that once I got back into my truck yesterday to go home from work, it ran normal. This morning it's running normal also.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Vibration and noise is happening intermittently. What a pain (literally) in the ear. It's rather loud and irritating inside the CAB. Embarrassing to drive anyone. Need a fix! It juststarted this morning. 19,000 miles. Sat in garage over weekend. Started RAM this morning and it was very bad. It didn't matter what speed, it just comes and goes.
Me too 2nd time - 12,600 miles. Mine happened on a 34 degree morning and a very humid 57 degree morning after rain??? SUCKS!

JTMachineDesign

Reaction score
mine makes that noise once in awhile.. it's not loud just bugged me until I found what it was - the ANC. it only happens when in ECO mode and when slowing... switching to tow/haul turns off ECO mode and the noise. you can try that to see if your noise is from the ANC.

Edge

Reaction score
Me too 2nd time - 12,600 miles. Mine happened on a 34 degree morning and a very humid 57 degree morning after rain??? SUCKS!
Mine happened about the same temp. Very strange. But I must say that it hasn’t happened since that one time. Fingers crossed! Good luck!

Edge

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! What's strange is that once I got back into my truck yesterday to go home from work, it ran normal. This morning it's running normal also.
It hasn’t happened since my original post. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks!

Edge

Reaction score
mine makes that noise once in awhile.. it's not loud just bugged me until I found what it was - the ANC. it only happens when in ECO mode and when slowing... switching to tow/haul turns off ECO mode and the noise. you can try that to see if your noise is from the ANC.
Thanks for the heads up! Hasn’t happened since the first post.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Mine happened about the same temp. Very strange. But I must say that it hasn’t happened since that one time. Fingers crossed! Good luck!
Mine just did it again and its 72 here in Vegas . Didn’t last long though. I liked that sound back in 1980 when I was running open headers but not so much anymore:ROFLMAO:

Edge

Reaction score
Mine just did it again and its 72 here in Vegas . Didn’t last long though. I liked that sound back in 1980 when I was running open headers but not so much anymore:ROFLMAO:
Exactly!

Edge

Reaction score
Does yours keep happening? Mine has stoped after the one time and hasn’t happened since.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Does yours keep happening? Mine has stoped after the one time and hasn’t happened since.
[/QUOTEI

It’s only happened full on twice. A couple of times I heard it faintly but went away. Weird??? Nothing in the first 16 months of ownership. This truck ticks me off every now and then but I LOve it kind of like my dogs and Oh... My Crazy Haired Wife!

Edge

Reaction score
LOL..... It came back, but as you stated "faintly". Yeah, I do love the RAM, we drive that around because it's so darn comfortable.

MartyZ

Reaction score
Turning on Tow / Haul does turn off the ECO mode but does not turn off the ANC.

Users who are viewing this thread