5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent Noise and Vibration

CMcPheron

Reaction score
I have read quite a few comments on here about the intermittent noise and vibration that happens with these 5th gen Rams. My truck also has the same issue, ever since I bought it. I’ve had it to two dealerships. The service manager even rode with me while it was making that noise, he then took his lead mechanic out for a ride. They had no idea what it could be and just sent me in my way with no explanation. I’ve also had issues with my truck’s brakes making a god-awful screeching noise while backing up. It only happens while backing up and applying the brakes. The service guys told me that this was “normal”. I’ve had several mechanics tell me it’s not normal. They refused to do anything about it. I also have similar intermittent noise everyday that gradually comes in lasts about 10 seconds then drops off. This repeats itself every ten seconds. I was told on the Ram owners Facebook page that it may be caused from an electronic noise cancelling device mounted on the frame. Can anyone confirm this as well as how to fix it? With all these problems, I hope Dodge does something about it.

falconer

Reaction score
One of your issues is likely the following. Your "god-awful screeching noise" when backing up is probably the "rear park assist with stop". If you are backing up either too fast going into a slope or driveway, the sensor is going to activate your brakes - hard. And yes, it's a god-awful noise to be sure. I've had it happen once going forward when my 2019 Laramie only had about 200 miles on it. My first thought was, "What now?", until I had it happen in reverse and did some reading. It's simply doing what it was designed to do. As to the rest, I'm afraid your descriptions don't provide much. Best of luck.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have read quite a few comments on here about the intermittent noise and vibration that happens with these 5th gen Rams. My truck also has the same issue, ever since I bought it. I’ve had it to two dealerships. The service manager even rode with me while it was making that noise, he then took his lead mechanic out for a ride. They had no idea what it could be and just sent me in my way with no explanation. I’ve also had issues with my truck’s brakes making a god-awful screeching noise while backing up. It only happens while backing up and applying the brakes. The service guys told me that this was “normal”. I’ve had several mechanics tell me it’s not normal. They refused to do anything about it. I also have similar intermittent noise everyday that gradually comes in lasts about 10 seconds then drops off. This repeats itself every ten seconds. I was told on the Ram owners Facebook page that it may be caused from an electronic noise cancelling device mounted on the frame. Can anyone confirm this as well as how to fix it? With all these problems, I hope Dodge does something about it.

I apologize for the trouble, @CMcPheron. If you would be interested in following up with me via private message to provide additional details of your most recent dealer visit, I would be happy to learn more to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread