5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent 12 Inch Screen Issues

scurtis

Reaction score
My brand new 2021 1500 Rebel 4x4 has a 12" screen that is intermittently not functioning. The A/C and heat controls and cameras can be activated (So the screen itself works), but the stereo and all apps are un-accessible due to a blank screen. The screen is not shut off and won't respond when you attempt to turn it on - it's just missing in action. It won't die or go blank in use - it's always at time of start up that the screen won't activate. It eventually resets itself after multiple shut-downs and start ups. WTF is happening here?!

LV426

Reaction score
That sucks, sounds like its got some issues but here is what I would try if it was me in an attempt at avoiding the dealer.

First, obviously make sure its not doing some kind of OTA update (I believe it would say on the screen) and I'm not sure if they are still pushing these OTA's because of past problems.

Then, disconnect the battery (negative terminal) and let it sit for maybe 10-15 min, reconnect and see what happens. When I did this, I temporarily lost my HVAC controls (It was concerning) and the radio was acting weird. Seemed like later when I came back after an hour and started it everything was fine and has been since.

Only issue I have been experiencing is the volume gets stuck to Google navigation (even if its not being used) and I can't turn up or down music volume without turning it off then back on...its weird.

Good luck & let everyone know what happens.

sep1006

Reaction score
I would try the 2-button reset first in the vid below before disconnecting the battery. It will do a reset. If it doesn't work then as the post above suggest try the battery disconnect.

LV426

Reaction score
I can confirm that the two button reset does NOT work for the 12"... (with SW Ver. 20.04.19) Just turned it off, then back on with no actual reset.

Or it didn't specifically work for me, tried several times propior to battery disconnect and I tried the other strange suggested methods also...

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi @scurtis ,

We're extremely sorry to hear about the various concerns you're experiencing with your Uconnect system. Please feel free to send our team a private message if you are still experiencing these intermittent concerns and would like additional support.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Old Ram

Reaction score
My brand new 2021 1500 Rebel 4x4 has a 12" screen that is intermittently not functioning. The A/C and heat controls and cameras can be activated (So the screen itself works), but the stereo and all apps are un-accessible due to a blank screen. The screen is not shut off and won't respond when you attempt to turn it on - it's just missing in action. It won't die or go blank in use - it's always at time of start up that the screen won't activate. It eventually resets itself after multiple shut-downs and start ups. WTF is happening here?!
I had the exact same issue pop up when I went to pick my 2021 with 1k miles on it up from having a defective dash replacement yesterday, thought they screwed something up but now I see this not so sure, temp mode ect would pop up when I hit the buttons but no menus, radio or Nav. Had to give it back to them and grab the loaner again.

scurtis

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue pop up when I went to pick my 2021 with 1k miles on it up from having a defective dash replacement yesterday, thought they screwed something up but now I see this not so sure, temp mode ect would pop up when I hit the buttons but no menus, radio or Nav. Had to give it back to them and grab the loaner again.
Any update? Did the dealership have a fix for the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online