5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Water / Interior Condensation Issue

jimmyjam24

Reaction score
Hi all. Any suggestions please
Just noticed after going through the car wash at night when temperatures drops the interior is building condensation...a lot!
I already had the 3 rd break light replace as was leaking earlier. I know I have leak somewhere but where to begin. So very disappointing.. Uploading a picture 20240203_181644.jpg

gjnick

Reaction score
I had the same problem and brought the truck into the dealer this past Wed. thinking that the third light was the problem. The did a leak test and reported that the third light was leaking and both corners of the glass. No cracks in frame but I found soaked carpets under my rear floor mats afterwards. I've never had condensation like this in any vehicle before so it didn't really register that I had leaking until I got the repair estimate for new rear glass. Checking online now shows this is a well documented problem with the RAM. as well as other trucks.

I'm going to do the Permatex fix and see if that solves the problem. You can find that mentioned elsewhere in these pages.

But after seeing all the complaints re: the cab (exhauster) vents are also a problem with the 2021 and plan to change them out for new ones once I pull the rear sheets to dry out and "demold" my carpet.

Does anyone know if the cab vents were "upgraded" with the 2021 RAM?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. Any suggestions please
Just noticed after going through the car wash at night when temperatures drops the interior is building condensation...a lot!
I already had the 3 rd break light replace as was leaking earlier. I know I have leak somewhere but where to begin. So very disappointing.. Uploading a picture View attachment 176134
Rear window frame most likely.

gjnick

Reaction score
I did Permatex all the way across and down the sides.
RAM extended the rear window-frame warranty, you might fall under that, worth checking.
Thanks, the dealer failed to mention an extended warranty. Maybe because the frame shows no cracks. Waiting to hear back from RAM Customer Care.

gjnick

Reaction score
Just saw your previous post. "The corner cracks are not visible from inside." Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread