5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior lighting question & frustration

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where is "Auto Dim?" You mean in Settings>Display>Display Mode: Auto or Manual? I just tried both as well as other suggestions.

Nothing works if the truck is Off, Headlight switch is Off, Aux is On, Radio is on, Radio Display is "Screen Off."

As previously noted, I can turn down the gauge cluster using the dimmer as long as the Headlight switch is set to Parking Lights (1 click from Off). But, the Parking Lights are on. I guess this will work for me when the baby wants to sleep.

But as you guys noted, what happens at the drive-in? Don't they tell you to turn off the parking lights?
You're right - the gauge cluster w/lights off doesn't seem to respond to any dimmer control, I'll have to try something and post back. I got lost in the discussion and was thinking about the Radio Display. when needed, I set that to manual as you noted and then dim it to a suitable level.

Did you try this with lights set to auto, truck in park, ebrake on?

I'll have to go back to Tazer settings, I thought there was a 'lights off' setting in there somewhere

NoMoFoMoCo

Reaction score
You're right - the gauge cluster w/lights off doesn't seem to respond to any dimmer control, I'll have to try something and post back. I got lost in the discussion and was thinking about the Radio Display. when needed, I set that to manual as you noted and then dim it to a suitable level.

Did you try this with lights set to auto, truck in park, ebrake on?

I'll have to go back to Tazer settings, I thought there was a 'lights off' setting in there somewhere
Yes, the ebrake was on as well (forgot to mention it). It's a dead issue at this point... RamCares confirmed that there's no setting to dim the dashboard in the scenario I presented. (n)

Maybe Tazer or AlphaODB or other 3rd Party Programmer can solve the issue?

Dikky

Reaction score
Is there any update on this problem? It's the one frustrating thing with my truck! .... well that and the fact that it can't carry any worthwhile weight with
out the rear end sinking 4 inches, loll ... airbags on order !

brakervan

Reaction score
I'm using suspended ceiling lights and regular ceiling lights in multiple views. When I open a view and turn on the light settings to "Interior: Sun and Artificial" the rendering appears as either very dark or very white. I've adjusted the settings multiple times and have tried changing the Watts/Lumens.

Speed Test

Last edited:

mtbmann

Reaction score
I’ve got it solved. Turn off vehicle and then turn lights to parking light setting. Interior dash lights will be adjustable now and parking lights will go off. If you want interior dash lights and radio to stay on turn to accessory before it turns off. I noticed that if you turn the lights off or to parking light mode before you turn off vehicle they go to bright mode.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the “olden” days the only phone in the house was in the kitchen and it had a little coiled three foot line.

If you wanted to talk to your girlfriend you had to do it in front of your mother while she was cooking supper.

That said in the “olden” days you could go “parking” with your girlfriend with the AM radio playing softly in the background and no damn dash lights to spoil the mood.

Users who are viewing this thread