5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior lighting control (Dimmer)

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one dealer tell me they would do it for me for $150. Another dealer said they would look into it, then told me that they don't have the coding to configure it on my truck.

So, for less than $150, I'll just buy AlfaOBD or find someone with it to program this for me.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One thing that bothers me about my 2022 is there is no dome light or even a switch to light up the back seat it needed from the drivers seat. Was this removed due to the pano sunroof taking up so much space? Only in upper trim levels?

All I get with the single dial turned to the up position is super bright dash lights.🤨

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Rebel has a switch to turn on all interior overhead lights. Up on the center roof console, there's a switch that shows the truck with an open door. The toggle switch is flat and lights turn on when the door is opened. If I toggle the switch to the left, it turns off the lights, even with the door open. Toggle the switch towards the passenger side and the interior dome lights come on. Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.15.39 PM.png

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Rebel has a switch to turn on all interior overhead lights. Up on the center roof console, there's a switch that shows the truck with an open door. The toggle switch is flat and lights turn on when the door is opened. If I toggle the switch to the left, it turns off the lights, even with the door open. Toggle the switch towards the passenger side and the interior dome lights come on. View attachment 137549
Like an idiot I never tried that. Set them the day I picked up my truck for the lights to come on when I open the door. It was set from the factory with everything was off when opening the door. Haven’t touched them since. Bet mine is just like that. I’ll have to take a look.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my Laramie it looks like this and the button circled is what turns on all the interior lights.

Attachments

• Overhead.jpg
    Overhead.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 52

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not going to say that I didn't have to go look myself. I knew they had to have an interior dome light switch somewhere, I just never used it. Now I'll remember it's there.

blazenlo

Reaction score
My Rebel has a switch to turn on all interior overhead lights. Up on the center roof console, there's a switch that shows the truck with an open door. The toggle switch is flat and lights turn on when the door is opened. If I toggle the switch to the left, it turns off the lights, even with the door open. Toggle the switch towards the passenger side and the interior dome lights come on. View attachment 137549
Well I'll be dipped!!! 😮😮😮 I have been opening my door wondering why they got rid of such a useful dial...

Nice avatar picture BTW! Should be a fun year!!

jdcoronadom

Reaction score
I buyed the new panel and I programed with alpha obd but, is not working, somebody have what config i need program in alphaobd, i just did that found in the last comment about ambient light dimmer wheel.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I buyed the new panel and I programed with alpha obd but, is not working, somebody have what config i need program in alphaobd, i just did that found in the last comment about ambient light dimmer wheel.
What isn't working? All your Big Horn has is two small foot front well lights that will be controlled by the second wheel.

BLKMMBA

Reaction score
I’m doing this to my 23 ram lonestar wired my own ambient lights and tapped into front footwells. All work great just too bright can’t dim them.

autkidd

Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Ram 1500 BigHorn that came with this Dimmer switch
7dc003f3899cef5c3fc14adc8b6a3f01.jpg

And I wanted to know how hard is it to switch to this control switch so I can control my Over head lighting with this one.
8604e64b5a10423d4323b40a1ceee0d1.jpg

Would this require more wiring???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever do this?

Users who are viewing this thread