5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior/Exterior Lights Flickering For No Reason

L a r r y

Reaction score
So I went out to take out the trash, and I noticed that my lights started flickering. The interior dash lights, and the DRL's. I grabbed the handle to make sure the doors were locked, grabbed the keyfob and unlocked/locked the door, waited a few minutes and it did it again. Has anyone experienced this before?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nope never heard of this. Is your battery voltage low?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
So I went out to take out the trash, and I noticed that my lights started flickering. The interior dash lights, and the DRL's. I grabbed the handle to make sure the doors were locked, grabbed the keyfob and unlocked/locked the door, waited a few minutes and it did it again. Has anyone experienced this before?
what year is your truck?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
how old is your battery? Is it original?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
It is sitting at 14.4v while running

It is the stock battery

No etorque
that just shows the alternator is working

you need to take it to an auto store that can put a load on it and see what happens

these systems need feed back from the battery to not have any issues and if the computer sees battery fluctuation weird things will happen

L a r r y

Reaction score
that just shows the alternator is working

you need to take it to an auto store that can put a load on it and see what happens

these systems need feed back from the battery to not have any issues and if the computer sees battery fluctuation weird things will happen
I can do that.

OFF THE WALL QUESTION:
Should this be happening, even when the truck is not running?

Alex307

Reaction score
I have recently started noticing this in my 19 as well. After I get home and turn it off the lights start flickering and the 12” screen does too. Has anyone found any solutions to this yet? I got the truck new and currently has 90k on it.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have recently started noticing this in my 19 as well. After I get home and turn it off the lights start flickering and the 12” screen does too. Has anyone found any solutions to this yet? I got the truck new and currently has 90k on it.
Battery going bad, bad ground connection. I would start there.

Users who are viewing this thread