5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Conditions When Starting First Thing in the Morning

AlJ

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Sometimes when I start the truck first thing in the morning, I have several weird things happening.

1. The radio is off, but can be turned on manually.
2. The memory driver's seat does not adjust to the sync'd position.
3. The front driver and passenger seat power windows do not work, but the rear windows will operate.
4. The defrosters come on, and cannot be shut off.
5. The fan setting cannot be adjusted and the temperature settings for both the driver and passenger automatically adjusts to 76 dgrs.
6. The compass does not show a reading.
7. The Blind Spot Alert Message flashes in the display.
8. When I shut the truck off and open the door the radio does not shut off, but can be shut off manually.

This happens maybe two or three time a month, but generally on the first start up in the morning. I usually start and stop the truck a couple times and the problem corrects itself. I have even tried using the second remote, with no success. The chances of getting the truck to replicate these conditions at a Dealership are pretty much non-existent. Anyone else experience this problem?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not normal. Best you can hope for is film on your phone whenever you start the truck and hope to catch the problem.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Sometimes when I start the truck first thing in the morning, I have several weird things happening.

3. The front driver and passenger seat power windows do not work, but the rear windows will operate.
5. The fan setting cannot be adjusted and the temperature settings for both the driver and passenger automatically adjusts to 76 dgrs.
8. When I shut the truck off and open the door the radio does not shut off, but can be shut off manually.

This happens maybe two or three time a month, but generally on the first start up in the morning. I usually start and stop the truck a couple times and the problem corrects itself. I have even tried using the second remote, with no success. The chances of getting the truck to replicate these conditions at a Dealership are pretty much non-existent. Anyone else experience this problem?

Hi @AIJ - We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you do end up addressing this with a dealer, please be sure to let us know via private message. I am more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for an additional layer of support as you work with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@AlJ please put your vehicle info in your sig...helps when people need to reply with help.

Hope Ram service gets you straightened out.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To me it sounds like every once in a while, your battery drops enough voltage sitting overnight, that it causes a freak out. Once you start it the alternator gets voltage up again and you are good until the next time. I would use a meter and check voltage in morning before starting. If below 12.0 v, then you have a parasitic drain going on. Good luck.

AlJ

Reaction score

I made a copy of this post and gave it to the Service Manager. Three hours of software upgrades later and it hasn't happened again. Fingers crossed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I made a copy of this post and gave it to the Service Manager. Three hours of software upgrades later and it hasn't happened again. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for sharing this update, @AlJ, I'm glad to hear it! If you experience anything similar or any additional concerns, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for further support!

Mark
RamCares

Konrad

Reaction score
These anomalies can be caused by a known issue - weak ground connections including but not limited to under the hood (driver's side, above the headlight) - these are known to make electronic systems freak out. Easy fixed with wire brush and some electrical grease. My tech at my dealer starts troubleshooting most of the electronic problems from there and he says that's about 80% of cases with weird random behavior of the AC, radio and other systems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread