5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing RL 3.5” SST lift on top of existing Bilstein adjustable shock leveling kit

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Sweeet! 🤩...That actually looks level. Don’t see any rake. You sure that’s on 4? 🤔...At certain angles mine appears a little nose high so thought about taking down a notch but was concerned it would take the lift/level look away but seeing yours makes me think not. Thanks!...Apart from headlights our trucks look a lot alike 😊
Rake is about an inch....But I do want to possibly do 6"...BDS/Fox down the Road. I'd do 4" if they made Coilovers for it. AlthoughWouldn't change it up until the current setup wears out....

Ccm12

Reaction score
Cleaned her up. Here’s a pic with new RL 3.5 SST and 35” Ridge Grapplers (uploaded as my new profile/signature photo)...What do y’all think?
Did you have ORP springs? This is exactly what I want to do but don’t have ORP. I see readylift sells a package with just the UCA and top hat

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Did you have ORP springs? This is exactly what I want to do but don’t have ORP. I see readylift sells a package with just the UCA and top hat
No ORP. Just plain ol 2wd.

Jessed927

Reaction score
35x12.5" Nitto Ridge Graps, .25" spacers on the front to clear UCA's
Is this all you needed to not rub on the UCA I have a 3.5 ready lift and I’m running the 295/65r20 on the original wheels and I was really wanting to swap to 35x12.5

Highertechnology

Reaction score
No ORP. Just plain ol 2wd.

Im putting on the same lift Tuesday. Have billsteins and RL 3.5 w/ ORP.

Can I ask a favor. Im trying to decide which ring to use for the 5100s 3 or 4 Im thinking with top hat and UCA.

Anyway you could measure the top of your fin to the ground. I park in a garage for work and am basing my 5100 ring on the height. Trying to go as high as possible while fitting in garage.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Im putting on the same lift Tuesday. Have billsteins and RL 3.5 w/ ORP.

Can I ask a favor. Im trying to decide which ring to use for the 5100s 3 or 4 Im thinking with top hat and UCA.

Anyway you could measure the top of your fin to the ground. I park in a garage for work and am basing my 5100 ring on the height. Trying to go as high as possible while fitting in garage.
4 or 5 is recommended with 3.5 ReadyLift SST kit to make level. Mine is 2wd so I’d think 3 or 4 is probably right with ORP (if ORP already comes with inch more lift vs 2wd).

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Is this all you needed to not rub on the UCA I have a 3.5 ready lift and I’m running the 295/65r20 on the original wheels and I was really wanting to swap to 35x12.5
It's all I needed for Nitto Ridge Graps, not all 35x12.5's are the same size

ScoopsyPotato

Reaction score
any chance any of you guys have pictures of your setups geometry? curious what the cv angles look like

Chuck19

Reaction score
Def take a hit on MPGs. Down to 13’s now 😩 but I get stopped all the time with new Ram owners (particularly Big Horn/Lone Star owners) inquiring about my setup.
That is a hard pill to swallow! Last couple of lifted setups I had were getting me around 15-16 MPG. I am lifting my 2021 bighorn tomorrow and hope i dont drop to 13

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Guess that was just the initial mpg adjustment but with no load in the rear I’m now averaging in the 15s. I kind of don’t really worry about anymore. It’s a Hemi and drives good.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
That is a hard pill to swallow! Last couple of lifted setups I had were getting me around 15-16 MPG. I am lifting my 2021 bighorn tomorrow and hope i dont drop to 13
Depends on how much city driving you do.... mine drops to 12-13 if i spend a week commuting in traffic but go on one long trip it's up to 16-17.

Users who are viewing this thread