5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing Factory Trailer Brake Controller and DIY Software Update

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score
What did you say to them to get that Price??
And Where are you Located??
Also...What year is your 5th Gen,and how long ago did they do that for you?
Do you have a screen shot of the receipt?
I could use that as a tool to get the price dropped Maybe?

bucolic

Reaction score
This was a great how-to. Thanks so much!

Question? I used the AlfaOBD software and the Trailer brake controller shows up in the EVIC but I don't have a trailer menu in the display screen. I thought there was supposed to be a screen in there for different trailers and to changer from Light Electric to Heavy Electric? I don't have this and am wondering if I might have missed something.

Thanks!

bucolic

Reaction score
This was a great how-to. Thanks so much!

Question? I used the AlfaOBD software and the Trailer brake controller shows up in the EVIC but I don't have a trailer menu in the display screen. I thought there was supposed to be a screen in there for different trailers and to changer from Light Electric to Heavy Electric? I don't have this and am wondering if I might have missed something.

Thanks!

So an update. The Trailer menu magically appeared when I left work this evening. So it took about 20 hours for it to update but all is working now!

Jtheising

Reaction score
I am going to install the Parts Myself when they get here,But all of my dealers I contacted want at least $145...One of them was so full of Chit for $189, just to Flash the computer.
What is the Name of your Dealer,and Where??
It was a dealer in vandalia il hosick motors

Jtheising

Reaction score
Also...What year is your 5th Gen,and how long ago did they do that for you?
Do you have a screen shot of the receipt?
I could use that as a tool to get the price dropped Maybe?
2020 ram, it was around a month ago. And I'm not sure if I have the receipt anymore but I will post if I find it

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score
DO NOT BUY ANY PARTS FROM THIS COMPANY!
They could have Given me a status update in 15 Days after ordering from them,But instead...Decided to be Childish when I demanded an answer.
Did no take them long at all to reply then!
I will Have to Start over now..
WTF did they simply let me Know SOMETHING!!

[email protected]
Thu 5/21/2020 8:00 PM

Forward

More actions
To:
  • You

hello

Our website does not use real time inventory software as our IT company is working on it.We have been working 2 days on and 2 days off due to the reduced work force because of covid-19.We are very busy and yes we are behind.However if you can not conduct yourself in a mature adult manner Then I do not want your business.We sell over 2 million in parts a year so we are not in the business of ripping people off that is a misconception on your part.You have been refunded in full Good Day Sir!

Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 8:50 AM
To: Eric Griffith <[email protected]>
Subject:RE: Order # 5119401

Hello

The parts had to be ordered and due to covid-19 they were taking longer than normal to get here.However After this email I have decided to cancel and refund your order as our employees do not deserve to be treated this way in an email/phone.

Thank You
FCP

Date: Wed, May 20, 2020 10:43 pm
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Order # 5119401
This is your LAS F"N Chance to get back to me Before O report you and Get my Money Back!!!!
WHAT IS THE STATUS OF MY PARTS!!!!!!
I am Getting FED UP!!
I have left several Messages,and Emails Now!
Let me Know By Tomorrow...Or Pay Pal Will Not Pay you, and I will Get My Money Back!
If I had Known This was going to be a Headache...I'd have paid Extra somewhere else!

Eric Griffith
Fri 5/22/2020 3:13 PM
Tel Your Employees to Answer the phone,and Return Calls..That is all I was Wanting..

My First Query:

Eric Griffith
Fri 5/8/2020 4:29 AM



To:

Good Morning,
I have yet to receive an Email with regards to my order Status.
I place the order and paid for it Wednesday May 7th,2020
My order Number is 5119401
My Name is Eric Griffith
My Billing Address is
San Antonio Tx.
This was not my shipping Address,That is on the Order.
My Phone Number is
Please let me know when you think you might be processing this order.
Thanks,
Eric

Eric Griffith
Wed 5/13/2020 4:25 AM



To:

Good Morning,
I Know it’s only been a week since I placed My Order, But I was wondering
what the Current Status was to Pack and Ship My Order #5119401
Please respond with an approximate Updated Shipping Date.
Thanks,
Eric Griffith

Eric Griffith
Wed 5/13/2020 3:40 PM

Eric Griffith
Wed 5/13/2020 3:40 PM



To:

I am still waiting for an updated Status on this Order.
Can you please reply with an update as to when My Parts will arrive??
Thanks,
Eric Griffith

Eric Griffith
Mon 5/18/2020 9:32 PM



To:

Good Morning!
I have been trying to find out the Status of My Order....Order #5119401
Can you Please Give me a Status Update??
Thanks,
Eric Griffith

Eric Griffith
Tue 5/19/2020 7:07 PM



To:

I have been Leaving emails,and a Phone Message today,STILL WAITING
on an answer about my order.
What is the Current Status of My Product?
If I do Not Hear from you soon,I will Likely Have to get PAYPAL involved
to rescind payment to you.
Let me Know Something at least for now.
Eric Griffith
Order # 5119401
210-347-5564

This is the only one that got their Attention...

Eric Griffith
Wed 5/20/2020 7:43 PM



To:

Order # 5119401
This is your LAS F"N Chance to get back to me Before O report you and Get my Money Back!!!!
WHAT IS THE STATUS OF MY PARTS!!!!!!
I am Getting FED UP!!
I have left several Messages,and Emails Now!
Let me Know By Tomorrow...Or Pay Pal Will Not Pay you, and I will Get My Money Back!
If I had Known This was going to be a Headache...I'd have paid Extra somewhere else!
My Cell Number:
EMAILS:

CALL ME!!!
Eric Griffith

RAM/Cudaowner

Reaction score
Eric Griffith
Thu 5/21/2020 4:37 PM



To:

If your employees were doing their Jobs,We would not be un-doing Business.
Tell them to change the Phone Message to:
WE Don't care to respond to your Call Ever,so Send an Intimidating Email ,and someone will Refund your money,
Instead of giving you a reasonable status Update like most companies would normally do.
SEE MY POINT???

uclaure

Reaction score
I ordered my brake controller parts from them also. I ordered on 4-29. Got an update on 5/14 that it had shipped. Arrived at my home n 5/ 20. I didn’t email them at all. This was the cheapest place for the parts and I wasn’t really in a hurry. But yes, seems like customer service is lacking.

uclaure

Reaction score
I ordered the actual brake controller switch on eBay for like $18...cheaper than on the aforementioned site.

uclaure

Reaction score
I found a dealer that would do the flash for 110. They would install+flash for $300. I’m going to install it myself and then take it over to them to have it flashed. Parts were a tad over $100, so I’ll be at less than $220 for everything...not bad.

uclaure

Reaction score
I just finished installing the parts. It was pretty straight forward. Excellent write up and detailed instructions by op made it a breeze. Would’ve been done in less than an hour if it wasn’t so dark in my driveway (I started at 10 pm). I’m going to take it to the dealer in the morning to have it flashed.

Tazithman

Reaction score
Will the security bypass from diablosport tuners work for obdalpha?

Gplattinum

Reaction score
1.) Thank you for creating this guide. Only tips I'd offer is long and short screw driver handy, make sure seat is 100% back before you cut power, and a fluffy pillow to lay the center unit on while you pull the plugs.
2.) Just thought I'd ask again, has anyone used the autel plugs? It's significantly cheaper, unless someone wants to loan me their bypass module on my dime of course (central Florida, Ocala)
3.) RAMCUDA you must of lit them up, I emailed them to cancel my order, and they 2 day'd my parts in response. So I got my parts for 116$ shipped.

Picture for what I'm talking about bypass wise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-134226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200530-134226_Chrome.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 50

Apexbasher

Reaction score
2.) Just thought I'd ask again, has anyone used the autel plugs? It's significantly cheaper, unless someone wants to loan me their bypass module on my dime of course (central Florida, Ocala)

I don't know much about the autel plugs. But if you are in the St. Augustine area soon I can hook you up with my bypass/reader/alfaobd stuff and an adult beverage to get finish it up.

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
I did mine yesterday and it was much less of a job than the day prior where I did the factory bed lights. When I reconnected battery and opened door I about crapped myself with “Enter anti-theft security code” coming up on the screen. I left for 5 mins or so and came back and it had gathered enough if it’s faculties that it was back to normal. To switch from light to heavy trailer do you have to have one attached?

Gplattinum

Reaction score
I don't know much about the autel plugs. But if you are in the St. Augustine area soon I can hook you up with my bypass/reader/alfaobd stuff and an adult beverage to get finish it up.
Hell yeah! I was recently at St Pete too, damn! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread