5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Kicker 43CSC354 3.5” dash speakers

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
Hey all,

I installed the KSC3504s. They great unless the base is all the way up & I turn up the volume above ~22 or so. I get some bad rattle/static from them.

Ideas?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,

I installed the KSC3504s. They great unless the base is all the way up & I turn up the volume above ~22 or so. I get some bad rattle/static from them.

Ideas?
Do you have the alpine or the base system? If you have the bsae 6 speaker system you need a high pass filter also known as base blocker. Something like 300 HZ cut off would work well.

rah6887

Reaction score
I have the base 6 speakers, got my bass pegged out, no bass blockers, no reversing polarity, and it sounds amazing cranked up (past 25).
Although I do have the JL C2's, not the Kickers.

steveved

Reaction score
A previous poster mentioned replacing door speakers with JBL. Are they 4 ohm or 2 ohm? I have owned this truck over a year and have never really been impressed with the stereo. My 2018 ZL1 Camaro has a much better sounding stock system. So, I am probably going to replace all of the stock speakers in this truck.

Reaction score
So I just ordered my 3.5 speakers. I went with infinity. Always had good luck I’ll let y’all know how they sound .... my question is , has anyone done the front doors ? I dont have the alpine and am just curious if anyone has dropped in and aftermarket 6x9 I’m the fronts and it make a huge difference .

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
Just installed the Infinity Reference (fronts and center) Amazing difference especially in clarity. Well worth the $100 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8T66KB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Grabbed the wiring harness off of ebay (Metra 72-7902) I have a 2019 with the Alpine.

Did you install three in the front dash? Or did you only have 2 slots? I have an extra one for sale. Just ordered them about to install next week when i get them.

Kade_Montana

Reaction score
Why would they be backwards? You noticed a difference switching them?
So did the replacement of the 3 front speakers make a difference? I just got my 21 laramie with the 8.4 non nav.. today and stereo is a very important part.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The JBL are really clear compared to stock. They are much louder, but I cant turn the knob all the way up without some distortion. I need to investigate this because i recall someone else having this issue. Maybe from the ANC? I didnt disable mine yet.
ever find out about the disortion i dont have anc so i should be ok correct ?
or what if i went with a 3 ohm 2wAy.

Users who are viewing this thread