5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed Kicker 43CSC354 3.5” dash speakers

wwalljr

Reaction score
If you want to improve the sound even more, @rsonedecker found that the front left speaker wires are backwards from the factory, I was able to verify this on my Alpine system as well. This basically causes the front left dash speaker to be 180 degrees out of phase with the rest of the speakers in the truck. The easiest way to do it is to unpin the wires at the factory plug then plug it back into the Metra adapter.

Interesting. Were you able to tell due to markings on the wires? + -

Last edited:

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting....yeah, mine were easy snap in and out and sit flush...odd that it would be that off, good luck!

Order the speakers sooner rather than later, it seems supplies are short and crutchfield has a newer model (that their site says isn’t compatible) and no longer sells these.
Looks like I’ll have to buy 3 right way then

DR.CR

Reaction score
If you want to improve the sound even more, @rsonedecker found that the front left speaker wires are backwards from the factory, I was able to verify this on my Alpine system as well. This basically causes the front left dash speaker to be 180 degrees out of phase with the rest of the speakers in the truck. The easiest way to do it is to unpin the wires at the factory plug then plug it back into the Metra adapter.
Why would they be backwards? You noticed a difference switching them?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, I’ll check it out, easy to switch wires?

How do you like the JBLs you put in the doors?
Yeah the factory plug is actually easier to swap the wires on than the Metra adapters. JBLs are a nice improvement over the stock 6x9s for sure. I'm sure you would have similar results with a set of kickers as well. Just have watch polarity. The doors are wired reverse from the factory and things have to stay that way for the ANC.

DR.CR

Reaction score

Cygnus A

Reaction score
I ordered the kickers, but now am wondering if I should have gotten the JBLs instead? Has anyone heard them both ? The JBLs are about double the price. Also, does anyone have a spare speaker after upgrading the center one they want to sell me?

Macinsac

Reaction score
I ordered the kickers, but now am wondering if I should have gotten the JBLs instead? Has anyone heard them both ? The JBLs are about double the price. Also, does anyone have a spare speaker after upgrading the center one they want to sell me?
I just ordered two sets of JBL GX302. So I will have an extra in a few days. My zip is 95672.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Curious if they sound $20 better...

I sent the Kickers back in favor of the JBL due to the ohm difference. The kickers are 4 ohm, the JBL are ~2 ohm. The Kickers will be under powered IMO since the stock speakers are 2ohm. Ive seen a few other people complain the kickers are not loud enough.

I just ordered two sets of JBL GX302. So I will have an extra in a few days. My zip is 95672.

How much for your extra one shipped to 85629 ?

DR.CR

Reaction score
I sent the Kickers back in favor of the JBL due to the ohm difference. The kickers are 4 ohm, the JBL are ~2 ohm. The Kickers will be under powered IMO since the stock speakers are 2ohm. Ive seen a few other people complain the kickers are not loud enough.

How much for your extra one shipped to 85629 ?
Oh ok I see....well I was super impressed with kickers over stocks, but let us know what you think of JBLs!

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Oh ok I see....well I was super impressed with kickers over stocks, but let us know what you think of JBLs!

The JBL are really clear compared to stock. They are much louder, but I cant turn the knob all the way up without some distortion. I need to investigate this because i recall someone else having this issue. Maybe from the ANC? I didnt disable mine yet.

DR.CR

Reaction score
The JBL are really clear compared to stock. They are much louder, but I cant turn the knob all the way up without some distortion. I need to investigate this because i recall someone else having this issue. Maybe from the ANC? I didnt disable mine yet.
You have the Alpine?
I get zero distortion with kickers at high volume, I didn’t do anything with ANC.

Users who are viewing this thread