5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INSTALLED: $199 Steel Craft STX600 Running Boards

witchdocto12

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to share my newest addition to the truck. I was looking for something functional, inexpensive, and rugged looking. I settled on these running boards from American Trucks which were $199 shipped. There were no reviews or pictures of these when I was looking so I just bit the bullet. I’m happy I did!

They are made of heavy duty material and feel rock solid when stepping on them. The fit and finish is top notch and I had zero issues putting them on by myself in about an hour with hand tools. I did use a drill and wire wheel to strip the paint on the screws before I mounted the brackets. That was probably the most time consuming part, but total install time was still about an hour with stripping the screws.

All in all, I’m very happy for the $199 I spent. Let me know what you guys think.
7f0574074dd477a7540b038ae72ebcd3.jpg
4190fcd22948603e1b0c22ac88500ede.jpg
99a09b8c373de7d33de3029f07120648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

witchdocto12

Reaction score
They are metal and can get slippery, but they have these raised hole sections throughout the whole board that add a ton of grip. Even in the rain today I didn’t lose any confidence stepping on them.

The pup lost her back cargo area of the suv we traded in but we raised the rear seat and she doesn’t seem to mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMcGinnis88

Reaction score
A year later, do you still feel the same way? Looking to buy these myself and wanting to make sure they're decent.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can u take a pic close up of the top of the running board and the rocker? or give me a verbal...please

lost demon

Reaction score
I think they look pretty good. I actually gave them a look before deciding on the Rough Country HD2 running boards for my 19 Rebel.
I kinda chuckled to myself as the mounting hardware is identical to mine. Haven't figured out how to enter pics yet(old man) but if you put in rough country HD2 running boards you can view them. They are a little more pricier than those but oh well. the Steel Crafts look a lot like the factory boards that came on my 2004 HEMI SPORT. But if your happy *7m3skl everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread