5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inside door panel removal help.

Dave Smith

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've looked almost everywhere to find information on removing the inside door panel so I can apply some sound deadening material to the door's outside skin. There's a Youtube video that explains how to do this on a 2018 RAM but my 2020 DT is too different from 2018 in the video. The process looks and sounds fairly simple but I haven't actually attempted it yet. The issue that I can see is getting access to the bottom rear most window to detach the window regulator from the window. The video shows a simple clip to unhook and then pull up the window and lash it in the upper position with tape, then unbolt the lock. I don't see an access hole to get to the clip. I hope this makes sense. Any information on how to accomplish this task would be greatly appreciated.

FM45

Reaction score
Hope this helps---

edit--- just re-read your issue... --- look for the thread about adding passive entry, there is info there on removing all and getting to the 'inside' door skin..

-=FM45=-

Attachments

• 23 - Body_Door - Front_PANEL, Door Trim_Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    492.7 KB · Views: 83

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are access holes. You took the window down and you will see the bolts to remove. There are 2 of them. The passive entry thread has detail info. I did it when I installed my passive entry.

Users who are viewing this thread