5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insane “tea kettle” noise at highway speeds

Saud

Reaction score
Interesting. I haven’t heard that as a potential source before. I get the noise at high speeds and high wind. I just took my lower valence and retractable air dam off so I’ll see if I still get it.
Did it work ?

James1414d

Reaction score
I just had the same noise happen on a windy day at 65~70. Not sure what is causing it yet, but it can be felt when I grab the A pillar.

Garysmith

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this? It’s crazy loud. Well over speaking volume. Can’t hold a conversation with a passenger in the truck on a windy day. Brought to dealer who couldn’t replicate. Is asked them to keep it until a windy day, then they were able to replicate but shrugged and said, “we don’t know what to do, we sent a note to Chrysler”, which means nothing is getting fixed in my $55k “luxury truck”. I already sent videos to Chrysler care and they instructed the dealer to do nothing. It’s totally unacceptable. 5000 miles on the odometer. 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn.

I get that exact same noice. Took it in and the said they worked on the (R) sunroof and tightened it. I’m not convinced that it is fixed but I haven’t had much chance to test it. It only happened at high speeds and not all the time.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I'm seeing of those posting on here, most if not all have 2019 models correct? I had the same thing on my 2019 and the dealer could never find the problem...ending up trading out of it for a 2020 - haven't had the problem with the 2020 (knock on wood).

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I get that exact same noice. Took it in and the said they worked on the (R) sunroof and tightened it. I’m not convinced that it is fixed but I haven’t had much chance to test it. It only happened at high speeds and not all the time.
Hi @Garysmith - If you experience this concern further and it warrants working with your dealer again, please know that we are a private message away and more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

bskubon

Reaction score
I had noise from my side view mirror, hold arm out window and push on the plastic where the gap is from the base housing to the mirror.

chyzzz

Reaction score
I had a whistle noise in my truck. There was a vent or plug behind the back seats in the back wall that was causing the whistle. They plugged or fixed it and it no longer makes the sound. I don't have a sunroof. 2019 Laramie sport

Users who are viewing this thread