5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info for those who don't have the LED tail lights

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not yet. Got really busy with work this week. And they are trying to confirm the part number for the night edition LEDs black shroud not chrome.

Integral

Reaction score
I sent accessory.part a message through here about them and got the price quote., and yes price wise a little hefty for sure.
Where are you guys ordering these from. I am in the same boat. Need to replace halogen headlights and taillights with LEDs. Thanks!

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I get pretty much all my stuff from accessory.parts. Great prices, fast shipping and great customer service.

Also Andrew is a Ram enthusiast, he is president of the Houston chapter of the Texas Ram Club.

They will definitely take care of you!

Last edited:

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good point, do they have a separate Blacked out LED tail lamp assembly, or are they only available in the halogen type? I have a blacked out truck but don't have the LED lighting option.

The blacked out versions are $1500 if the dealer will give a really good discount.

I do have a brand new set of the OEM red led lights with the blind spot for $950.00.
Will list for sale soon or PM me if interested. They replaced on my truck under warranty but I had also brought a set

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
does anyone know if the blind spot module, is removable and transferable between tail lights? anyone have a pic of the plug/connector?
Not without modifying the non blind spot light Some of the wiring is internal from blind spot connector

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The blacked out versions are $1500 if the dealer will give a really good discount.

I do have a brand new set of the OEM red led lights with the blind spot for $950.00.
Will list for sale soon or PM me if interested. They replaced mines on my truck under warranty but I had also brought a set of the black ones for my other truck. Thus when the warranty set came in I gave dealer the ones on truck and took the new ones to sell . Never were installed

Attachments

• 137653E6-77E0-4C50-8082-BF639916B70F.jpeg
    137653E6-77E0-4C50-8082-BF639916B70F.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 24
  • E9268CF2-C771-4B13-9FF2-246D9C396E0E.jpeg
    E9268CF2-C771-4B13-9FF2-246D9C396E0E.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 25

Dex17

Reaction score
Does someone mind posting the part number for the Black LED taillights that DO NOT have blind spot monitoring? I’ve seen a lot of part numbers on this thread and want to make sure I get the right ones. Thanks

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tail Lights (black trim)
Left - 55112993AD
Right - 55112992AD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
question, if you have halogen lights can you install factory led lights with out reprograming?
i have been looking at the recon led tail lights made for halogen lights, they have a conversion box built in to the light to adapt without reprograming.
If you swap in the factory LEDs, you will need to use AlfaOBD if you want the turn signals to function correctly.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are these plug and play? Anything else needed?

Plug and play
One thing people fail to notice, because it’s hard for them to check to see for themselves, is that when going from incandescent tails to the factory LED tails, the turn signals won’t function properly when the brakes are applied unless you make the brake lamp dropout setting change in the BCM.
If you just swap in the LED tails without making that change, when you are using a turn signal with the brakes applied, the turn signal will flash alternating red-amber-red-amber…
The proper function is for the brake lamp to be suppressed so it will flash amber-off-amber-off…

Users who are viewing this thread