5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info for those who don't have the LED tail lights

EJanx07

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like to know if I get the taillights with the blind spot sensor....Am I able to use in a truck without that option? Are the connectors the same and if so will it work without issues? Thanks
Yes, you can use them if they have blind spot even if you don’t have blind spot integrated in your truck. The tail lights with Cross-Path, you can’t use. I just found this out the hard way. Had to sell them back. The lights w/ cross-path have the harness plug is on the bottom of the housing. There isn’t enough clearance in the tail light housing cavity in bed of truck.
I know it sounds crazy, but I can vouch as this is what I found out the hard way. We needs the LED’s w/out cross path. The harness plug is located on the top of housing which has plenty of clearance for plug n play.
Hope this makes sense. If you look at different pictures of the LED’s, pay attention to the location of the plug on the back.
Plug on top works, and plug on bottom won’t

PanchitoR76

Reaction score
Yes, you can use them if they have blind spot even if you don’t have blind spot integrated in your truck. The tail lights with Cross-Path, you can’t use. I just found this out the hard way. Had to sell them back. The lights w/ cross-path have the harness plug is on the bottom of the housing. There isn’t enough clearance in the tail light housing cavity in bed of truck.
I know it sounds crazy, but I can vouch as this is what I found out the hard way. We needs the LED’s w/out cross path. The harness plug is located on the top of housing which has plenty of clearance for plug n play.
Hope this makes sense. If you look at different pictures of the LED’s, pay attention to the location of the plug on the back.
Plug on top works, and plug on bottom won’t
Thank You very much for the information

PanchitoR76

Reaction score

Attachments

• 81BFECAC-18CA-4B89-BE96-E3462D3CB92D.jpeg
    81BFECAC-18CA-4B89-BE96-E3462D3CB92D.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 929BE149-7A88-4AF0-B809-AB5E8EC34548.jpeg
    929BE149-7A88-4AF0-B809-AB5E8EC34548.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 100

EJanx07

Reaction score
So on these pictures....the one I can use is the one with the connector on top?
Yes. You will also notice in those pics, the tails are slightly different shaped. On those pictures, look very closely at the top right angles of each. The ones that work for our trucks (left picture/plug at the top) have a slight angle. The ones in the right pic with plug at the bottom (cross path) are pointed. They don’t fit or “line up”.
Hope this makes sense. I really bummed when I found this out; cause I got a smoking deal on the ones that wouldn’t work for me. The guy switched his out for black bezel. I bought the pair for $375! BUT, they would work/fit and the guy was extremely nice/cool about it and bought them back.

Last edited:

BugGuy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I would like to know if I get the taillights with the blind spot sensor....Am I able to use in a truck without that option? Are the connectors the same and if so will it work without issues? Thanks
Or is it possible to enable the blindspot option??

Cjsurette

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can swap the red trim for a black trim piece and it not effect the Blind Spot Sensor?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-23 125752.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-23 125752.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 44

gmcadams

Reaction score
question, if you have halogen lights can you install factory led lights with out reprograming?
i have been looking at the recon led tail lights made for halogen lights, they have a conversion box built in to the light to adapt without reprograming.

Lostonetoo

Reaction score
I've been looking at different headlight to replace my halogen lights, and not sure about the reprograming part if its need. I have read that some you have to buy a harness if you go with the MOPAR ones and others come with an adapter that you just plug in between the current wire to the new light. I email my dealer this morning asking about getting the LED installed when my truck shows up. If I don't hear back from him I might just order the MOPAR ones and the harness and do the install myself.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking to add the OEM LEDs as well. And yes you need to get a wiring harness to hook them up. You can get it online for $175. I can send you the link later if you want.

Lostonetoo

Reaction score
I am looking to add the OEM LEDs as well. And yes you need to get a wiring harness to hook them up. You can get it online for $175. I can send you the link later if you want.
You sent me the link a while back, I just have to pull the trigger and buy the lights and order the harness.

Lostonetoo

Reaction score
I sent accessory.part a message through here about them and got the price quote., and yes price wise a little hefty for sure.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sent accessory.part a message through here about them and got the price quote., and yes price wise a little hefty for sure.
And they are by far the best price. Anything OEM will cost you more.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I got my N-FAB epyx steps from them and they are awesome! I am probably going to suck it up and order mine tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread