5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infinity Ref 3022CFX

stepbill

Reaction score
I bought two sets of these speakers as this is what I installed in my dash (3 speakers needed. I have one extra if anyone wants it - free. Just post on this thread that you are taking it and then send me a pm with your address.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I bought two sets of these speakers as this is what I installed in my dash (3 speakers needed. I have one extra if anyone wants it - free. Just post on this thread that you are taking it and then send me a pm with your address.
That’s pretty awesome of you. Great upgrade for the little investment.

natsb

Reaction score
I'll take it. Not sure if mfalram's post meant he wants it.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

natsb

Reaction score
Thanks to stepbill, I can put in the whole set at once. This is really generous. Of course, I now have the personal goal to pay it forward.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

natsb

Reaction score
She has a new home. Everything sounds great. Anybody sitting on the fence about the third speaker should definitely put one in. It makes a real difference compared to just replacing the two corners.

1582923356264.png
Again... Thanks stepbill !!! I am really thankful for your generosity.

sixate

Reaction score
Curious about the rear speakers too. And curious if you guys are putting bass blockers on these. I'm gonna order some this weekend. The highs on the Alpine system are lackluster to say the least.

2wt

Reaction score
Curious about the rear speakers too. And curious if you guys are putting bass blockers on these. I'm gonna order some this weekend. The highs on the Alpine system are lackluster to say the least.
Definitely suggest the bass blockers, at least on the Infinitys.

braggster

Reaction score
I swapped the headliner speakers out with the Infinity's (see signature). Had to do some modifications in order to get them to mount in the opening. Covers where hard to get off but they came off and didn't break.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone change out the ones in the headliner in back?
Yes i did... Taking the cover was crazy hard and i ended up bending one of the clips but i just left it open for a few days and after i got the adapters and speakers, i went ahead and tested everything to make sure i'm happy with the upgrade, only then I've put the cover back on.
Adapters used: Metra 72-7902
Speakers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NSDKVW4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Yes i did... Taking the cover was crazy hard and i ended up bending one of the clips but i just left it open for a few days and after i got the adapters and speakers, i went ahead and tested everything to make sure i'm happy with the upgrade, only then I've put the cover back on.
Adapters used: Metra 72-7902
Speakers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NSDKVW4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can you shed some light on how to take those covers off? I just ordered 3 sets of the Infinity's today. Going to replace all of the dash and rear speakers. Doors will be later.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Can you shed some light on how to take those covers off? I just ordered 3 sets of the Infinity's today. Going to replace all of the dash and rear speakers. Doors will be later.

First of all, i didn't like the sound with the front dash speaker upgraded to JBL, Infinity or Kicker.
So the only speakers i upgraded were the ceiling speakers and the center dash speaker. You can't hear the rear speakers from the front but for the rear occupants it's a very noticeable difference.
The center dash speaker upgrade gave me a little more crisp highs and that's what i was looking for, I think that with changing the dash side speakers you lose some of the richness the system has, i didn't like it, too much treble for me and no mids...
Anyway... Taking the covers off was very hard as i said and i thought i'm going to break something, IMO, This is not the right way to do that! Removing the ceiling liner would be the right way imo.
I just pulled really hard from the bottom and waited for something to either break or pop open but the only thing that broke was one of the metal clips that holds the cover from the inside, it looks like a "push tab" you need to push from the inside and than it should come out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/