5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infinity Ref 3022CFX

braggster

Reaction score
Can you shed some light on how to take those covers off? I just ordered 3 sets of the Infinity's today. Going to replace all of the dash and rear speakers. Doors will be later.
Like Manny said they are a pain to get off but doable. I put infinity’s in the rear and had to do some cutting to get them mounted. There is a plastic liner that i had to cut part of it away to make them fit right. The terminal connections on the factory speakers are located in a different location then the infinity’s.

ny2az

Reaction score
Can you shed some light on how to take those covers off? I just ordered 3 sets of the Infinity's today. Going to replace all of the dash and rear speakers. Doors will be later.

if you have an extra 3 1/2" speaker ... l would be interested in it ... lmk ...thx

blubyu

Reaction score
I'd like to get in the lottery for a pay it forward center channel speaker!

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
So I got all of the speakers put in today. I was really dreading the rear ceiling speakers but they weren't too bad. I am attaching a pic of the tool I used to pry the grills off. Had to do a little modifying of the plastic in the headliner but too terribly much. The new speakers sound great.

Attachments

• 20200305_175543.jpg
    20200305_175543.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 56

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
So I got all of the speakers put in today. I was really dreading the rear ceiling speakers but they weren't too bad. I am attaching a pic of the tool I used to pry the grills off. Had to do a little modifying of the plastic in the headliner but too terribly much. The new speakers sound great.
Yep looks like the right tool for the job lol

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No pic of what the speaker looks like in the overhead huh? I’m interested in what the modification was like. I want to do this upgrade too

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

sixate

Reaction score
Anyone have an extra spealer I'm looking to change my center too. Hit me up I can use PayPal. Don't want to buy another set if I don't need to.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I wonder if any of the guys with the base audio system would be interested in buying the Harmon Kardon speakers that we take out.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've used this set, no modifications needed.

So these kickers will fit the headliner? Ive already replaced all three in front with the Kickers but would like a little more pop in the back. Is it a PIA to change them..the fronts were a breeze.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
So these kickers will fit the headliner? Ive already replaced all three in front with the Kickers but would like a little more pop in the back. Is it a PIA to change them..the fronts were a breeze.
They do fit, not 100% flush but you'll be able to put the cover back on no problem. The plastic frame behind the speakers will raise them a little bit but it's fine.
It's better than the front because of the access, very open and nice to work on. The only problem is to take the plastic cover off......... IT WAS VERY HARD TO PULL OFF. be careful not to break it or bend the headliner too much because it's gonna damage it and it will leave some wrinkles on it... try holding the headliner while pulling on the covers.

Last edited:

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They do fit, not 100% flush but you'll be able to put the cover back on no problem. The plastic frame behind the speakers will raise them a little bit but it's fine.
It's better than the front because of the access, very open and nice to work on. The only problem is to take the plastic cover off......... IT WAS VERY HARD TO PULL OFF. be careful not to break it or bend the headliner too much because it's gonna damage it and it will leave some wrinkles on it... try holding the headliner while pulling on the covers.
Cant I pry them off with a Flathead like I did on the fronts. Maybe a piece of tape on it so I cant tear anything.

Did it make as much as a difference as the fronts did?

Thanks!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Cant I pry them off with a Flathead like I did on the fronts. Maybe a piece of tape on it so I cant tear anything.

Did it make as much as a difference as the fronts did?

Thanks!
The headliner is pretty soft so use your fingers(plural) to grab the plastic and pull. anything narrow like a screwdriver will break the cover in half.
The difference is not even close to the front speakers... it adds just a little more highs for the 2nd row occupants. *you're not going to hear it*

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The headliner is pretty soft so use your fingers(plural) to grab the plastic and pull. anything narrow like a screwdriver will break the cover in half.
The difference is not even close to the front speakers... it adds just a little more highs for the 2nd row occupants. *you're not going to hear it*
Got it...thanks

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I replace my rear headiner speakers with no problems. Use a plastic trim tool to pry the grills off. I did have to shave a little bit of the plastic on the speaker hole to allow for the wider terminals on the Infinity speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread