5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infamous Whistle Noise PLEASE HELP

Halfpint81

Reaction score
It's still making the teapot noise..wiper blades lol... im just saying the newer trucks aren't very good from what I've seen. I loved chevy trucks until my 2019, it was tinfoil thin, very loud going over bumps, bad suspension in the rear felt like you could leave the road, on gravel it sounded like the gravel could be getting in the cab it was so loud. I traded it for a ram because I liked the last one I drove, but it was a 2016. I thought ram would be best after truck of the year bla bla bla, but it's got that whistling noise that drives people nuts, not just me nuts. Don't be afraid to hammer on a vehicle while a salesman is sitting next to you test driving go 75-80 see if it's a teapot. That's all... I'm friends with a body guy so I'll tear apart the post area and the door to fix the insulation that is probably all full of holes. The dealership keeps giving it back to me saying it's fixed, like I won't hear it when I leave the lot smfh...
Again it’s probably your side mirrors, I had that whistling problem on my 2019

montyh

Reaction score
I moved the mirrors in and it did absolutely nothing, no change whatsoever. I think it's a hole in the insulation behind the Pilar or in the door.

Rich765

Reaction score
I moved the mirrors in and it did absolutely nothing, no change whatsoever. I think it's a hole in the insulation behind the Pilar or in the door.
I found it was the molding on top of the truck. The edge was up enough causing the whistling noise.

montyh

Reaction score
I will drive this truck like I'm trading it in because I will in a couple of years... I've had such bad luck now with a 2019 silverado and now this 2021 Ram 1500 longhorn tea pot convertible.

cerbo

Reaction score
run some tape round the windshield or other areas you think to help locate problem area.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will drive this truck like I'm trading it in because I will in a couple of years... I've had such bad luck now with a 2019 silverado and now this 2021 Ram 1500 longhorn tea pot convertible.
I agree with cerbon, use painters tape to cover a seam, gap, or molding a piece or two at a time. Hopefully you will find it. If not rule things out.
Start by surrounding your windshield.
Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread