5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know of a company that will custom-make full floor liners of good quality that will match the Indigo blue carpet/interior of the Limited? I reached out to WeatherTech (my preferred supplier for a number of reasons) and they said they do not/will not do custom colors and they don't recommend trying to dye or custom color their existing mats to match. The little amount of searching I've done I'm coming up empty-handed. I have found custom carpet mats, but not vinyl or some variance thereof. I know the truck will come with nice color-matched rubber mats with carpet inserts but they only cover the flat portion and don't provide the vast protection I need for Iowa's varios weather conditions (especially winter). My backup plan is I'll go with the grey mats (will pretty much match up to the Sea Salt seats/trim, but they'll show the dirt/grime the most on the floor and will be very obvious vs. blending in. The black Mopar and WeatherTech mats will actually stick out more because the blue/black contrast is very obvious.

If anyone has had success in custom-dying vinyl products with success of it not rubbing off readily and/or bleeding the color off where it doesn't belong I'm open and would like to know what product you used and how it was applied please. TIA.

brenan00

Reaction score
When you take possession of your order you may like the Limited floor mats. I think they are nice, not as robust as the weather techs.
If not, you might be able to unsnap the carpet portion of the oem mats and put some snaps in your weather techs.
Personally, I like a less obtrusive system but I don't slop around in the mud, I fix MRI's. Later

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
When you take possession of your order you may like the Limited floor mats. I think they are nice, not as robust as the weather techs.
If not, you might be able to unsnap the carpet portion of the oem mats and put some snaps in your weather techs.
Personally, I like a less obtrusive system but I don't slop around in the mud, I fix MRI's. Later
My previous Limited (2020) had them and they are VERY nice for standard supplied rubber mats and the carpet adds a nice touch. I had started out by un-snapping the inserts and left the rubber portion in. It's just they were not protecting around the "edges" as much as I'd like. I may end up getting the WeatherTech FloorLiner HP in grey and swap them in/out depending on the season and/or if they annoy me, LOL

brenan00

Reaction score
My previous Limited (2020) had them and they are VERY nice for standard supplied rubber mats and the carpet adds a nice touch. I had started out by un-snapping the inserts and left the rubber portion in. It's just they were not protecting around the "edges" as much as I'd like. I may end up getting the WeatherTech FloorLiner HP in grey and swap them in/out depending on the season and/or if they annoy me, LOL
Besides not slopping around in the mud, my seasons are pretty mild (Oahu) and moving to Arizona (Scottsdale) better put that in because Northern AZ has seasons, in a couple years. I just picked mine up last Thursday and was surprised how nice they were. Good luck on your quest. Later

djjr50

Reaction score
A: Kind of jealous of the sea salt/gray color. Prefer it over the tan/frost color in mine.
B: Try to get some of that deck coating color-matched. It is durable and hopefully can adhere to the WeatherTech mats. (I have NOT tried this...just an idea).

Users who are viewing this thread