5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Increasing MPG after installing lift and tires.

ahallag88

Reaction score
OP, I would just get AlfaOBD and correct the tire size. It is VERY easy and corrects the Odometer, speedometer, and MPG calculations. You will then also be able to change a number of additional things. For example, on my RAM, I changed the running lights to the amber turn signals (looks SOOO much better), enabled the Off-road pages, and turned on the tailgate ajar warning.

On another note, I did a 3"front/2" rear lift/level and have 35" Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 295/65r20 tires. My MPG averages 15.5-16.5 with mostly in town driving to/from work.

View attachment 131650
Nice looking rig. I think I am going to go with AlphaOBD. I called the dealership to see if they could do it, and service manager gave me a spill about a recalibration contract through Chrysler and that Chrysler may not approve a calibration for tires at 35”. So I’m not wasting $150 bucks for them to possibly tell me that Chrysler wouldn’t allow them to do it. Is the Alpha OBD rather easy to use?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice looking rig. I think I am going to go with AlphaOBD. I called the dealership to see if they could do it, and service manager gave me a spill about a recalibration contract through Chrysler and that Chrysler may not approve a calibration for tires at 35”. So I’m not wasting $150 bucks for them to possibly tell me that Chrysler wouldn’t allow them to do it. Is the Alpha OBD rather easy to use?
It is fairly easy, but it's a little confusing at first. I tried to recalibrate my speedometer using written instructions, but I was unsuccessful. After watching a few videos, I gave it another shot and it worked. Now that I've made a handful of changes with AlfaOBD, I am definitely more comfortable using it, but I still need to follow instructions step-by-step or watch a video before I dive in.

Last edited:

ahallag88

Reaction score
It is fairly easy, but it's a little confusing at first. I tried to recalibrate my speedometer using written instructions, but I was unsuccessful. After watching a few videos, I gave it another shot and it worked. Now that I've made a handful of changes with AlfaOBD, I am definitely more comfortable using it, but I still need to follow instructions step-by-step or watch a video before I dive in.
If I’m reading correctly online I have to buy the obd adapter/connector then the software from the alfaobd website?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread