5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the market for a new vehicle; my eye is on the Limited

scola77

Reaction score
Truth be told, I have never considered a Ram truck before this 2019 model came out. I love the design and features, and I am due for a new truck. Literally, the only thing holding me back is this board (HA!). Seeing all of the problems with this model makes me wonder if the quality control is so bad that I should look elsewhere.

The MFG date of the exact truck I am looking to purchase is 10/15. Theoretically, should I expect QC to be improved (lessons learned, etc) as time goes on in the manufacturing process?
I would love to hear from those who have not had any significant issues.

Thanks, everyone!

alanstahl

Reaction score
Third RAM, would not hesitate at all. Best truck on the market. Period. Sure, always will be lemons but when building 500,000 trucks a year and growing, and being all new ground up, I would expect some problems. It does seem that the latest production trucks are coming in great. So October truck should be fine. Enjoy. I have 2019 Limited, etorque, ramboxes, 3.92, anti-slip. Fabulous truck. Other than the new chevy tailgate, neither Chevy nor Ford have anything on the RAM.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greetings scola77. I too was sceptical of buying a fresh new design right out of the gate so to speak. My truck is a early July build date and fortunately I have had no issues and absolutely love the truck and have no regrets. Not to downplay anyone’s unfortunate issues at all, but forums of any kind generally are made up of people discussing problems or negativity related to the subject of the forum to find solutions to those issues. If thinking of a Ram pickup, search the Ford and GM forums and you will find problems there as well. Good luck,

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Truth be told, I have never considered a Ram truck before this 2019 model came out. I love the design and features, and I am due for a new truck. Literally, the only thing holding me back is this board (HA!). Seeing all of the problems with this model makes me wonder if the quality control is so bad that I should look elsewhere.

The MFG date of the exact truck I am looking to purchase is 10/15. Theoretically, should I expect QC to be improved (lessons learned, etc) as time goes on in the manufacturing process?
I would love to hear from those who have not had any significant issues.

Thanks, everyone!

love that build date. mine was sept and is spot on(y)

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion OP, if you have issues, they'll surface early on.
Drain issues with the moonroof? Oh you'll find out.
Transmission? You'll find out.
And they should make right.
Is there a chance you have a horror story case? Sure is. **** I had a toyota once that blew a transmission out of warranty and under 100,000 miles.
The unthinkable happens.

Regardless there's enough about the truck to love it.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even with some issues thus far, I'd happily do it again . I'm confident in my dealer and warranty to iron it out. The truck is beautiful, comfortable, etc

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go look at F150forums, you will see the same things. You could insert Ford on any of the complaints on this forum for RAM. From A/C performance, transmission, paint, radio, vibrations, on and on. Seriously go look.

I have only driven Ford trucks, this one sets a new bar and I honestly think it will be a keeper.

Last edited:

Hahny

Reaction score
Mine has been great! I special ordered mine and received it in May so I have a early one. I also sell these trucks for a living and haven’t had a single one return yet for anything other than routine maintenance or accessories!

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Mine is a late September build date and it is AWESOME! Luxury but in a truck size and build. Went from looking at a Hyundai Genesis and Audi etc to the RAM 1500 Limited. Couldn't be happier. When people check it out they are shocked at the interior. Love it, Absolutely love it.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I was like you, never considered a Ram before. I had a 2016 F150 Platinum which was a great truck. I was not even thinking about trading [my truck only had 19000 miles] but while at the dealer getting a free oil change on the jeep, he offered to let me drive a new Limited. I loved the ride, styling, and the awesome interior. It worked on me a few weeks until my wife said, you know you want it, just get it. It is a awesome truck with no issues at all so far. I had several issues on my Ford.

scola77

Reaction score
I truly appreciate all of the comments. I am test driving this week... will report back if (when) I purchase. Can't wait!

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Would all the current TSB issues get fixed at the factory on ordered trucks?

warvet

Reaction score
I came from GMC and this is my first Ram. I was told to go look at Ram when I was about to trade for a F150 King Ranch. I asked, "you mean Dodge?" And they said ......"nope, it's Ram"

I had the clunking issue and mine is resolved. I get very small gremlins on my 12" display but there are TSBs out for them. They are such small issues that I can wait for my first service to get them fixed. I ordered mine and build date is June 2018. I'd do it all over again!!!

A great friend of mine had water leak, small oil leak, and squealing brakes on his limited. Those things were all quickly fixed and he's happy. Any vehicle, regardless of new design or not can have issues.

Man, this is the nature of Forums!! I've been on a Harley Davidson forum since 2005 and I had to take a break from it this summer because that site had me thinking my 2017 Harley was going to explode, being a new model. Most times, ppl only write reviews when things are bad. Think of how many times we skip the phone survey at the end of a company phone call even though the representative answered all of our questions. But we would "hit 1" and take that survey if they were rude.

scola77

Reaction score
Just wanted to update things. I pulled the trigger and purchased my first Ram truck this morning. So far, so good and so much to learn. Thanks, everyone! I love it.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wanted to update things. I pulled the trigger and purchased my first Ram truck this morning. So far, so good and so much to learn. Thanks, everyone! I love it.
Congrats! Update your signature which your truck specs when you get a chance.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Congrats, yes a lot to learn.
So far, mine has been everything I hoped for, no complaints and a great ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/