5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IN DEALER MANY TIMES FOR REPAIR "Hoot" in cabin at 75+mph/crosswinds.

jimclements

Reaction score
At 70 mph or more with a crosswind there is a hoot in the cabin. Dealer cannot find cause nor can replicate. While on vacation I sat in passenger seat.
I noticed that when I grab the "hand-hold" on I can definitely feel a vibration when it hoots. It also happens on driver side.
Will be taking to dealer tomorrow.
I have reported this multiple times since I purchased the truck NEW. I am now at 32,000 miles plus.

Is there a documented resolve?

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Watching this thread - I get it too. I believe it's air coming through an opening in the front bulkhead. Haven't figured out what it is. It's weird - same noise as in your video's. Not irritating enough to leave it at the dealers to try and duplicate.

Rick

Wsmith

Reaction score
I have this also, at high speeds in certain crosswinds. The dealer will never be able to "reproduce" it and it happens so infrequently, I will just turn up the tunes and live with it. They wouldn't have a fix anyway.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
If it were a vintage vehicle we'd say it has "character". At least it's a hoot to drive.

Billetram1500

Reaction score
I get it aswell it’s air coming through the weather seal on the door. Mine goes away when I stick a sharpie in the weather stripping and it goes away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weather stripping or possibly the black plastic piece at the rear of the window is loose/not attached properly. That was the problem for another member.

Gizmo

Reaction score
Mine has done it a couple times in the last 4+months I've owned it. Can't duplicate the issue. Drivers side for sure. Generally in crosswinds sections of open freeway but high and low speeds though most noticeable at the higher freeway speeds.

JMD227

Reaction score
I don't get the hoot, but I do have noticeable and obvious wind noise cutting past the weather stripping with the right crosswind. It isn't rare either unfortunately...

Tyrant

Reaction score
A possible source could be the side mirror, check the plastic trim surround that is in contact with the door (check the tip of the triangular piece).

Usually that section is not perfectly flush with the door and sticks out a bit, if it is pushed out you can use painters tape to get it closer to the door and got for a test drive to check if it gets resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread