5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improving ride quality

ironking

Reaction score
Any adjusting of your suspension, either through spacers or struts, is going to limit your travel unless you go with extended travel struts. Spacers limit your up travel because you've pushed the suspension down. Pre-loading struts limits your downtravel unless you have extended length coilovers. When doing extended length you have to change a whole bunch of other stuff too, cause you're stressing UCA's, LCA's, CV axles, etc.

Mid travel kit is my ideal goal, but all I can find at the moment is long travel. May have to get with Dirt King for a custom build if they haven't developed one by then.

You’re partially correct. By going cool over, you’re not going to limit up or down travel, you’re just not going to GAIN travel. They are also normally valved for that specific vehicle or very close.

Going extended travel you don’t need to change all that stuff. Yes you will gain more if you do and could potentially damage things if not careful to over extend. But normally all you need to change for extended travel is UCAs. Good luck with Dirt King. Probably going to be a while. King will do custom coil overs and Fox has extended coil overs out now for 5th Gens. Just bought some to swap my Icons out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironking

Reaction score
The guy few post above literally just mention he doesn’t notice any ride difference between the blocks and the bilstein 5100s...

One persons opinion vs 1000s of others who’ve used them, including myself on another platform. I only threw them out there because they are popular and usually readily available....and fairly cheap.

ironking

Reaction score
Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch

Part Number:
Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch

MSRP :$1,350.00
SAVINGS:$185.05
FINAL PRICE
$1,164.95

Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch Part Number: 77072424AB

MSRP :$1,350.00
SAVINGS:$185.05
FINAL PRICE
$1,164.95

Is this the Fox 2.0 you are talking about? to replace my proRyde "blocks"?

Yes. Wouldn’t really call it a “lift kit”. More like a level, but I guess it does technically lift the rear with spacers. But yes, it’ll ride much better than blocks. Very similar to Bilstein 5100s.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the top of coil-over spacers (commonly referred on here as top hat spacer) to level the front on mine, and ride quality didn't suffer at all, same as stock and should be as nothing really changed with the travel distance or coil preload or the like. When I changed tires to LT 285/55's and 45 PSI up front and 40 in the rear the ride quality suffered. I adjusted tire pressure to 40 front and 36 rear and it did improve and is very tolerable. Not as cush as the stock set up, but not harsh at all.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
I don’t exactly know what you just said. That said, read the latest post regarding another members explanation of the OPs and probably your problem. Block suck. Period. I don’t understand why so many Ram owners go this route. To each their own. There are coil overs that are more economy budget that will ride much better.

Regarding your question. There isn’t a “genuine OEM lift kit” offered by the dealer. There is a Fox 2.0 set up that will level your ride (non-Rebel) that should ride great. I don’t know what pricing is. Will be more than blocks, but you won’t regret it.

Thank you! I ordered it yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread