5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improving ride quality

ToeKnee

Reaction score
I installed front leveling blocks on my truck and after the install I noticed the ride wasn’t as good anymore. My truck still rides decent but doesn’t compare to before I barely feel anything going over a speed bump. Anybody got any semi budget suggestions on how to improve the ride quality?

ironking

Reaction score
I installed front leveling blocks on my truck and after the install I noticed the ride wasn’t as good anymore. My truck still rides decent but doesn’t compare to before I barely feel anything going over a speed bump. Anybody got any semi budget suggestions on how to improve the ride quality?

Take the crappy blocks out and get good suspension....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the Mopar spacers in the front initially... did not change the ride. I swapped those out for Bilstein 5100's, and still don't notice much if any difference. I changed to the Bilsteins because the spacers were just a tad too high, and the Bilsteins are adjustable... setting 4 is perfect for my 4x4 Laramie.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the Mopar spacers in the front initially... did not change the ride. I swapped those out for Bilstein 5100's, and still don't notice much if any difference. I changed to the Bilsteins because the spacers were just a tad too high, and the Bilsteins are adjustable... setting 4 is perfect for my 4x4 Laramie.

Did 4 level it for you? Off road package?

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
4 got it where I wanted it... just a very very slight rake... hardly noticeable unless you really look at it with the intention of noticing it.

I do not have the off road package.

lidless07x

Reaction score
Did you add the tires and wheels at the same time ? Those wide wheels and tires are probably the biggest cause. Load range E ? Tire pressure ?

ToeKnee

Reaction score
Did you add the tires and wheels at the same time ? Those wide wheels and tires are probably the biggest cause. Load range E ? Tire pressure ?
The wheels are 20x10 so not super wide and the tires are xl load I believe and they’re 32in by 12in. I’m also running about 42 psi for the tire pressure.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Take the crappy blocks out and get good suspension....

I put in a ProRyde 2 1/2 adjustable level kit. IAre these "blocks" don't like my ride now either. How about a genuine OEM Lift Kit from Mopar Performance package? Seems I have everything else from the dealer.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The XL tires are going to be stiffer than normal tires, a 20x10 rim is fairly wide compared to most running 8.5-9, and depending on the tire you got you're most likely running them at their max pressure (bad). If they're E rated tires you're fine on tire pressure, but XL I think are still passenger tires.

Semi-budget, but you want better ride than OEM? You're looking at true coilovers for your idea of a better ride so be ready for over a grand. Putting a spacer on the top hat of the strut reduces your up travel (strut compression) so you're going to feel bumps more, but even then with the Rarm's suspension I barely feel the difference on mine.

ironking

Reaction score
I put in a ProRyde 2 1/2 adjustable level kit. IAre these "blocks" don't like my ride now either. How about a genuine OEM Lift Kit from Mopar Performance package? Seems I have everything else from the dealer.

I don’t exactly know what you just said. That said, read the latest post regarding another members explanation of the OPs and probably your problem. Block suck. Period. I don’t understand why so many Ram owners go this route. To each their own. There are coil overs that are more economy budget that will ride much better.

Regarding your question. There isn’t a “genuine OEM lift kit” offered by the dealer. There is a Fox 2.0 set up that will level your ride (non-Rebel) that should ride great. I don’t know what pricing is. Will be more than blocks, but you won’t regret it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t exactly know what you just said. That said, read the latest post regarding another members explanation of the OPs and probably your problem. Block suck. Period. I don’t understand why so many Ram owners go this route. To each their own. There are coil overs that are more economy budget that will ride much better.

Regarding your question. There isn’t a “genuine OEM lift kit” offered by the dealer. There is a Fox 2.0 set up that will level your ride (non-Rebel) that should ride great. I don’t know what pricing is. Will be more than blocks, but you won’t regret it.

Price is the reason. For $65 I got the front lift I wanted. I wanted something quick and easy to tide me over until my OEM shocks die, or I get enough extra funds to go full Fox/King/Icon 2.0 setup with UCA's. That's going to run at least $1500, and I just don't have the cash for that right now.

ironking

Reaction score
Price is the reason. For $65 I got the front lift I wanted. I wanted something quick and easy to tide me over until my OEM shocks die, or I get enough extra funds to go full Fox/King/Icon 2.0 setup with UCA's. That's going to run at least $1500, and I just don't have the cash for that right now.

I get that. Just don’t understand the concept of destroying not only your ride quality, but accelerating the life of your suspension components. All for the sake of ~2-3 inches and get no benefit other than that, but also limiting what your suspension can actually do. You can pick up a set of Bilstein 5100s for a couple hundred bucks and have a pretty good ride, while gaining front height and not limiting your suspension travel or inducing binding. Again....to each their own. Not my truck...

davisenvy

Reaction score
I get that. Just don’t understand the concept of destroying not only your ride quality, but accelerating the life of your suspension components. All for the sake of ~2-3 inches and get no benefit other than that, but also limiting what your suspension can actually do. You can pick up a set of Bilstein 5100s for a couple hundred bucks and have a pretty good ride, while gaining front height and not limiting your suspension travel or inducing binding. Again....to each their own. Not my truck...

What Bilstein 5100s are you referring to? I also have the blocks and hate them. Don't mind spending some money, but want to make sure I don't end up with the same crappy ride.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Any adjusting of your suspension, either through spacers or struts, is going to limit your travel unless you go with extended travel struts. Spacers limit your up travel because you've pushed the suspension down. Pre-loading struts limits your downtravel unless you have extended length coilovers. When doing extended length you have to change a whole bunch of other stuff too, cause you're stressing UCA's, LCA's, CV axles, etc.

Mid travel kit is my ideal goal, but all I can find at the moment is long travel. May have to get with Dirt King for a custom build if they haven't developed one by then.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What Bilstein 5100s are you referring to? I also have the blocks and hate them. Don't mind spending some money, but want to make sure I don't end up with the same crappy ride.
Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. Several threads on them if you search.

ToeKnee

Reaction score

The guy few post above literally just mention he doesn’t notice any ride difference between the blocks and the bilstein 5100s...

ToeKnee

Reaction score
The XL tires are going to be stiffer than normal tires, a 20x10 rim is fairly wide compared to most running 8.5-9, and depending on the tire you got you're most likely running them at their max pressure (bad). If they're E rated tires you're fine on tire pressure, but XL I think are still passenger tires.

Semi-budget, but you want better ride than OEM? You're looking at true coilovers for your idea of a better ride so be ready for over a grand. Putting a spacer on the top hat of the strut reduces your up travel (strut compression) so you're going to feel bumps more, but even then with the Rarm's suspension I barely feel the difference on mine.
Not really looking for ride better than oem but around the same ride quality. Even with the blocks the ride is still pretty good but slightly below oem. The ride going over small bumps feel more like a midsize suv rather than a truck.

DONZILLA

Reaction score

Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch

Part Number:
Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch

MSRP :$1,350.00
SAVINGS:$185.05
FINAL PRICE
$1,164.95

Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch Part Number: 77072424AB

MSRP :$1,350.00
SAVINGS:$185.05
FINAL PRICE
$1,164.95

Is this the Fox 2.0 you are talking about? to replace my proRyde "blocks"?

ironking

Reaction score

Search Bilstein 5100 on Google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/