5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

I'm in the market for a new radar detector

MannyN

Reaction score
I did a wire tap on my rearview mirror for my dash cam.

MannyN

Reaction score
That's right, either overhead console or the mirror.

djevox

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there anywhere to pull power for radar detector in the roof console?
It would be really easy to go from fuse F33 with an add-a-fuse and tuck the wire under the headliner. I did that with three wires from my dash cam and I did not have to remove any interior trim pieces.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Been a Valentine owner for 15+ years. It doesn't have any fancy GPS or anything like that. All it does is detect radar (&laser) and it does an excellent job at it. Mounted mine in the pocket just in front of the center speaker & pulled power from the 12v cigarette plug. Changed fuse to the switched position. Photo attached. VR.jpg

Domt1775

Reaction score
I have zero issues with false detection from the windshield camera/light sensor. Using Vortex Radar's recommended settings makes this a very quiet but extremely reliable detector.

**** I would hope so for 750 bucks!! Thanks man, appreciate your insight. I’ll be in the downtown Denver area so lots of possibilities for false alerts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I've had an R7 running for the last 2-3 weeks in downtown Denver and I do get a few K band signal alerts. Mostly from the same places, so I've marked them with my RD and it mutes when I go by them. I ran my RD for a week before I installed a blendmount and notice absolutely no difference. Just fyi.

MRog40

Reaction score
I've had an R7 running for the last 2-3 weeks in downtown Denver and I do get a few K band signal alerts. Mostly from the same places, so I've marked them with my RD and it mutes when I go by them. I ran my RD for a week before I installed a blendmount and notice absolutely no difference. Just fyi.

You can just disable K band, I did on my R7. Semi blind spot monitors, speed signs, and radar cruise control all use K band, police are on Ka.

Loving my R7, I just wanted a simple self contained detector and this thing does the trick perfectly, the strength meter has worked flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread