5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IGLA Alarm stickers for TRX?

Adam2019

Reaction score
Hey all,

anyone happen to know where I could get 1-2 IGLA Alarm stickers? The box did not come with any kind of visual deterrence and I’d like to let people know that trying to steal mine is going to be damn near impossible.
thanks for any info on these!

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Hey all,

anyone happen to know where I could get 1-2 IGLA Alarm stickers? The box did not come with any kind of visual deterrence and I’d like to let people know that trying to steal mine is going to be damn near impossible.
If you really do have IGLA installed, I would think you could notify the manufacturer with proof of purchase and install, and they would be happy to send you a couple stickers.

Steve

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Not damn near impossible, way to put a target on you to get it stolen easy.
Any thing is able to be bypassed, and letting others know before attempting to steal it what you are using to protect is is very dumb imo.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^ I thought that as well like why advertise lol thats so they know and can go research how to defeat it. I know the thought behind it was good so maybe a thief wouldn’t bother to damage your vehicle trying steal it but this could also backfire on you.

vtcats

Reaction score
Hmmm, I’m in agreement ….with using the sticker, until we hear about people by-passing it and getting their trucks stolen. Not saying it won’t happen (Ravelco), but until then thieves would sooner move to the next vehicle. The TRX forum is the first to shout out (from around the entire country) if their truck gets stolen so it won’t be long before we know. When and if that happens, then it would make sense to remove the sticker. Otherwise I’d say, good idea!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IGLA, as far as I understand it, is undetectable. And as long as it is installed by a competent person, it would be difficult or impossible to find without tearing the truck apart.
Ravelco makes a similar claim that it would take thieves hours to tear apart the wiring to reconnect things, but unfortunately it has been proven that it can be bypassed at the plug.
So with that said, putting up an IGLA window sticker makes it no easier to bypass. So it doesn’t hurt. But it might save you a broken window.
The day IGLA is found to be defeated, it becomes a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread