5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you've had the rear window leak...

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
******UPDATE******

I have another leak. I came out to the truck today during the rain and all interior windows were fogged. I guess I have to start this process over again. 21,000 miles and a year and a half old or so.

For those of you who have owned a Ram with a leak at the back window and had it fixed by replacing the entire rear window, did it return eventually?

Last edited:

cash4trash

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2019 limited and noticed water leak in floor and dripping in sliding window. The frame is actually cracked in two places. 😳

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2019 limited and noticed water leak in floor and dripping in sliding window. The frame is actually cracked in two places. 😳
I hate to hear it. Mine was leaking without a visible crack in the frame. There are a lot of posts on the forums you can use to research the issue. Thankfully mine is just a year old and was covered under warranty.

The dealer had my truck for 5 weeks. First they replaced the 3rd brake light, gave it back, and told me it was fixed. It wasn't. Then they had to replace the entire rear window. In the end, they broke some other stuff on the truck, left the inside muddy, the new glass had greasy smudges all over it, and there was mold growing on the carpet. The leak appears to have been fixed at this point, but I'm left feeling like I may sell it.

GoRavens

Reaction score
I hate to hear it. Mine was leaking without a visible crack in the frame. There are a lot of posts on the forums you can use to research the issue. Thankfully mine is just a year old and was covered under warranty.

The dealer had my truck for 5 weeks. First they replaced the 3rd brake light, gave it back, and told me it was fixed. It wasn't. Then they had to replace the entire rear window. In the end, they broke some other stuff on the truck, left the inside muddy, the new glass had greasy smudges all over it, and there was mold growing on the carpet. The leak appears to have been fixed at this point, but I'm left feeling like I may sell it.

My replacement window had the grease on it, too! And the window is different. A piece of the electrics for the siding window is attached by wire to the window’s frame. Pretty sure that wasn’t there before… no leaks yet, I’m at 2 months past full window and win module replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
My replacement failed...
How long did it take? It's not escaping my attention that they are replacing the bad design, with an exact copy of the bad design. If they were replacing my window with an upgraded version that fixes the problem then I'd be more comfortable with it. As it is, it seems like a matter of odds or time before it happens again, and I've got no way to calculate either.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

These days dealers don't replace the glass, the send them out to glass shops. Personal experience. However, they are responsible for the work done. Have them make it right.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
These days dealers don't replace the glass, the send them out to glass shops. Personal experience. However, they are responsible for the work done. Have them make it right.
Yeah, they had a glass dealer come to them and do it, so this was a bit of a hybrid operation from start to finish. They're ordering the parts to fix the stuff they damaged, but I cleaned my own carpet rather than put my truck back into a slow, inefficient dealer who has zero regard for the quality of their work, no attention to detail, and sometimes does as much damage as they fix.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll be throwing down some permatex. Simple, cheap.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, they had a glass dealer come to them and do it, so this was a bit of a hybrid operation from start to finish. They're ordering the parts to fix the stuff they damaged, but I cleaned my own carpet rather than put my truck back into a slow, inefficient dealer who has zero regard for the quality of their work, no attention to detail, and sometimes does as much damage as they fix.
I guess I'm lucky. I live where I have 5 Ram dealers within about 10 miles. If they didn't do good work, they would go out of business. The one I usually go to always treats me right. They don't actually wash the car, like some dealers do every time, but is always as clean as I dropped it off.

cash4trash

Reaction score
I had mine replaced a month ago, no cracks yet. Made it about 4 years on the original before it cracked, hopefully the replacement will last at least that long.
Did they warranty it? I have extended warranty on my truck

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they warranty it? I have extended warranty on my truck
No, I took it to a glass shop and had them replace it, was about $1,300 I am saving my receipt. I probably should have gotten Ram Cares involved but I can't afford to let my truck at the dealer for a week for them just to look at it and then have to bring it back and let it to get it installed. I'm over it.

cash4trash

Reaction score
That's bullcrap! Ram knows this is a problem, and they're just giving us the finger! I made a mistake buying another ram. I lemon my 2007 megacab Cummins. Had a Toyota for 7 years, no problems of course. This one had the rack and pinion replaced, only after 4 denied bs claims. And the leather dash separated.. now this. I'm thinking of getting a lawyer again

Users who are viewing this thread