5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had to choose..

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Based solely on the exterior of your own personal truck, which part is the least appealing ? For me the sides seem very bland and I want to change that, but not solely by swapping out wheels and steps. Again this is my personal thought and I am in no way bashing others views about it.

George Bednar

Reaction score
Based solely on the exterior of your own personal truck, which part is the least appealing ? For me the sides seem very bland and I want to change that, but not solely by swapping out wheels and steps. Again this is my personal thought and I am in no way bashing others views about it.
I really like the entire look of my limited, but if I had one thing to get rid of or redesign it would be the chipmunk cheeks below the lights and above to front bumper

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
I like everything about mine minus the wheels. I don't care for chrome but don't want to spend the money right now to change them out.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the entire look of my limited, but if I had one thing to get rid of or redesign it would be the chipmunk cheeks below the lights and above to front bumper
Agree. The front fascia area almost seems like an afterthought to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it is "refreshed" for 2021.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I like everything, styling-wise. Only thing I would like is less chrome, which can be easily remedied.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After owning the truck for about 3 months, the wife told me she actually likes the Limited front grille instead of the Laramie grille. I explain to her that the reason we went with the Laramie was because we wanted the two-tone paint which wasn't available with the Limited. I also tell her that it is not an easy or inexpensive job to convert the front to the Limited front. Hopefully, end of discussion! DSCN2834.JPG

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
After owning the truck for about 3 months, the wife told me she actually likes the Limited front grille instead of the Laramie grille. I explain to her that the reason we went with the Laramie was because we wanted the two-tone paint which wasn't available with the Limited. I also tell her that it is not an easy or inexpensive job to convert the front to the Limited front. Hopefully, end of discussion! View attachment 22416
No such thing as "end of discussion" when it comes to the wife... I see a Limited in your future...

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually like everything on mine. I’m glad they had the black appearance package for the Laramie because I do not like the headlights of the limited. Like the full bold headlights of the Laramie.

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am completely happy with the exterior of my Rebel. I shockingly don’t want to change any of it. Other than some addons here and there. I love the color, wheels, tires, grill, etc. It’s perfect for me.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After owning the truck for about 3 months, the wife told me she actually likes the Limited front grille instead of the Laramie grille. I explain to her that the reason we went with the Laramie was because we wanted the two-tone paint which wasn't available with the Limited. I also tell her that it is not an easy or inexpensive job to convert the front to the Limited front. Hopefully, end of discussion! View attachment 22416
I agree with you. The Limited, while very nice, no question, looks like it's squinting.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They really could have added another set of off road lights or something for design there....

klail

Reaction score
The only thing I don't care for on my limited are the fender flares. I don't mind them aesthetically, they are just really chipping and I only have 3k miles on it. I know you can put some PPF on it and that kind of stuff but the fact that you even have to is a huge oversight by the Ram team.

NortheastRebel19

Reaction score
I am completely happy with the exterior of my Rebel. I shockingly don’t want to change any of it. Other than some addons here and there. I love the color, wheels, tires, grill, etc. It’s perfect for me.
This. I love my Black Rebel. I think the black/ red interior flows with the Black exterior.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They did some funky business with the box. I know they lined it up with the bottom of the windows... but with the liner and tonneau... it looks odd. I LOVE the body lines from the headlight all the way to the back door edge. But the rear fender feels like someone forgot to refine it. Doesn't match the rest of the truck.

That's about as picky as I'm prepared to get, since I love my Rebel so much.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm on my first non-metallic paint vehicle (flat white, not sure the exact name) and that's the thing i'd change, just a bit of pearl or satin or something ... or I'll add some subtle graphic to the side someday

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2 things on the Laramie. Ram didn't do the best job matching the radius of the chipmunk cheek to the radius of the bumper where it curves from the front to the side of the truck. Second being that the fender flares are standard on the Laramie and above they should have come with a wider front bumper to match the width of the flares. They did it for the rebel bumper and this section on the rebel flows so much better. Would make the flares look like less of an after thought especially from the front. The flare looks like its just hanging out in space otherwise. The rebel bumper is also flat and matches the cheeks better than the slope on the standard bumper.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2 things on the Laramie. Ram didn't do the best job matching the radius of the chipmunk cheek to the radius of the bumper where it curves from the front to the side of the truck. Second being that the fender flares are standard on the Laramie and above they should have come with a wider front bumper to match the width of the flares. They did it for the rebel bumper and this section on the rebel flows so much better. Would make the flares look like less of an after thought especially from the front. The flare looks like its just hanging out in space otherwise. The rebel bumper is also flat and matches the cheeks better than the slope on the standard bumper.

View attachment 22434

View attachment 22431
I see what you mean about the fender flares, and I agree with your comments about the front bumper/ fascia alignment. It just doesn’t look quite right, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/