5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idle hours

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Highway patrol. they sit and then go 100 plus to catch the cars. Yes I do have time on my hands, I'm retired, and like to watch police chases on Youtube.

Yeah, you'd need a sustained 100+ mph multiple times to offset >50mph speeds to average 78 mph. No different than getting a 100 on 5 tests and 30 on 6.
I love a good police chase myself but these chases today lack character. These lazy, half-burro car chases; any donkey hole can run from somebody! These people don't know the first thing about car chases they need a role model!

Tinscrew

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow my 2019 with 64,000 miles only has 92 idle hours. Although I don't know if that is really correct as it is etorque, would the meter still be running when the engine is off at a stop light? I hardly every idle or use remote start on the truck.

Thanks,

Thanks,
Digging out an old thread because I have this same question, @Biga. I doubt the Stop time in a Stop/Start scenario would count as idle hours but I have no idea.

Anyone look into this before?

Users who are viewing this thread