5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ice Damming

GenerallyRam

Reaction score
I came across a problem that I hadn't read about on here so I thought I would share.

This past weekend Ohio got hit with some snow- I drove out and about on Saturday but didn't leave the house otherwise until today when I went to the dealer to get my bed liner installed. On my way to the dealer, I had an incredible shuttering/vibrating when driving. The faster I went the more it shook. I ran back to the service after my appointment and the service guy checked out my rear wheels (I have the 22" rims on a Laramie). Turns out there was a decent amount of ice dammed up behind the spokes of both back rims. Once that was pushed off the shudder was completely gone. He said the bigger 22s will allow for snow/ice to collect and throw off the wheel balance. This morning's actual temperature was -3 when I got in my truck so I'm thinking the colder temperatures allowed the ice to stay instead of coming off when driving. Maybe this is common knowledge but figured it might help out some of the cold weather Ram owners.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Pretty normal if your sliding around in deeper snow, just gotta push the snow out the back of the rim.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
I’m here in Ohio as well and had the same issue today with my 20’s. Removed the ice and snow and I was good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread