5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would love a MFT on my existing truck...

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
Will a MFT fit on my 2020 Limited with ramboxes if it didn’t originally come with one? If I was to ever find someone that wanted to trade with me? Or if I somehow was able to purchase a new one? I load and unload boxes from my bed every day of the week and I would use the MFT every day.... really regret not getting one... thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 9AD26D61-C1BE-4480-976E-118216479E72.jpeg
    9AD26D61-C1BE-4480-976E-118216479E72.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 47

Paultg

Reaction score
I’m not sure but I thought the actual truck bed was different for the MFT, probably for the support and diff hinge arrangement. Maybe head to a dealer and try to compare your to a MFT truck in person?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RAM says no, in their press release.

A member here said he has been eying up his girlfriend's and it looked similar.

Never did hear the verdict.

My guess, No

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Just the extra bracing that is visible would probably be difficult. Getting the sensors to recognize that the door is left open is another, plus programming. (It shows you which way the gate is open in the cluster). Then getting the actual doors. If it could be done, I don't see it being under a few grand at minimum, and that is assuming labor done your self and not having to swap out the entire bed. With the deals they are doing on new trucks, I'd prob just go get a new one if you wanted it that bad.

Kyledelaughter

Reaction score
Just the extra bracing that is visible would probably be difficult. Getting the sensors to recognize that the door is left open is another, plus programming. (It shows you which way the gate is open in the cluster). Then getting the actual doors. If it could be done, I don't see it being under a few grand at minimum, and that is assuming labor done your self and not having to swap out the entire bed. With the deals they are doing on new trucks, I'd prob just go get a new one if you wanted it that bad.

Okay I'll go buy a new one LOLOLOL

Thank ya'll for the heads up I figured it was a crapshoot.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, I am confident it will work. No extra bracing required on the rambox. You will need to swap out some of the latch hardware though. I really don't care about the sensors or programming to tell me which door is open. Biggest hurdle for me is finding a tailgate. You can't buy a complete MFT from the dealers, so you'll need to find a used one. Junkyards are asking too much money to make it worth my while at this time, but I will revisit this if I find one at a reasonable price.

GoMango16

Reaction score
Watch out for a wrecked one and buy the whole bed and swap them out. May be able to get the wrecking yard to you a credit for your bed in the purchase.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM says no, in their press release.

A member here said he has been eying up his girlfriend's and it looked similar.

Never did hear the verdict.

My guess, No
" eying up his girlfriend's " ...what? ...finish the sentence please :)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He has a traditional tailgate, his girlfriend has the MFT. He was comparing them. Contemplating a switch to the MFT.

Atleast that was his story. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread