5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to lower my ORG air suspension to ride at normal air suspension levels.

RBurr

Reaction score
Is it possible to program my ORG truck to ride at non-ORG truck heights?

Thanks

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look into airlinks.
A set for all four corners shouldn't cost much more than $100.

RBurr

Reaction score
Look into airlinks.
A set for all four corners shouldn't cost much more than $100.
I'd like to be able to do it with software so I can still have all of the levels.

RBurr

Reaction score
Is this something I could do in alfaobd or similar software?

Mketch

Reaction score
Would like to know this as well. There is an option “VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable Vehicle,”
but as I have no truck yet nor AlphaOBD I can’t confirm. Wish someone with the air suspension would let us know…

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Is it possible to program my ORG truck to ride at non-ORG truck heights?

Thanks
Not sure if this will help you or not but if you have the 12"screen, you can go into suspension and turn aero mode off and it will let you raise the truck to normal heights. Maybe you can turn it on to lower? I didn't get ORG so I'm just throwing out an idea.

RBurr

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help you or not but if you have the 12"screen, you can go into suspension and turn aero mode off and it will let you raise the truck to normal heights. Maybe you can turn it on to lower? I didn't get ORG so I'm just throwing out an idea.
Thank you for the suggestion, but what I’m really trying to do is get my truck to ride at the same heights as yours. The ORG trucks are 1” taller in all height settings and we loose off-road 2. I’d like to have my truck ride the 1” lower in all settings and also get the off-road 2 setting back.

BNJMN

Reaction score
Curious what you are trying to accomplish?

Mketch

Reaction score
Sounds like he wants the settings of a non ORG truck. Same as me. If you use lowering links, then you could bottom out the shocks in entry/exit mode, or not get as much height in the highest mode either. Having one extra setting would be a more elegant fix.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you're not going to be able to achieve what you want without major modifications.
Your air shocks are designed for optimum comfort when your truck is set at 'normal'. Any change you make to the height of the truck away from 'normal' height is going to adversely affect ride quality. You can get away with about 1/2" up or down with no real affect, but once you lower or raise your truck more than 3/4" from 'normal' you're not going to like the ride quality.
Unfortunately your ORG truck will ride smoothest at 'normal'.

BNJMN

Reaction score
In the lower ram thread they mention a product called revel links. Check that out.

RBurr

Reaction score
Sounds like he wants the settings of a non ORG truck. Same as me.
This is what I want to do. I can’t see why this would be so hard to do as all the air suspension 1500’s use the same components. It has to be just a programming change.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I want to do. I can’t see why this would be so hard to do as all the air suspension 1500’s use the same components. It has to be just a programming change.
From a little bit of research, I believe you will have to do programming in tandem with new sensors, since there are different part number options as seen in the image below. It looks to me like you either spend the money on new Mopar sensors, or you spend money on Revel links. I do think you should call the dealer with your Vin number to verify what part number goes to your truck. Or you could be slick and get a VIN number of a non-ORG truck off the Internet and call the parts department for the ride height sensor numbers.

F3107008-FD5A-46C0-937A-498A974B98E5.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/