5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I may trade mine in....

Carcrazy72

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 brand new a little over a year ago. So far, I have a bit over 15k miles on it and have had great luck with it. I do have the trans clunk and the steering has the odd jerk at times while parking. Besides that, Ive enjoyed the truck. However, I worry about the long term life. This, has me looking back at Jeeps again. Ive been a long time Jeep owner and know them in and out for the most part. I looked at a 2020 JLU Willys today with the 2.0 turbo.......

I plan on shopping around to see what trade in would be on my truck. So far, KBB about gave me a heart attack on what it has trade in as listed. Has anyone else been given low trade in numbers. Im wating to see what the local dealer will give me tomorrow.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 brand new a little over a year ago. So far, I have a bit over 15k miles on it and have had great luck with it. I do have the trans clunk and the steering has the odd jerk at times while parking. Besides that, Ive enjoyed the truck. However, I worry about the long term life. This, has me looking back at Jeeps again. Ive been a long time Jeep owner and know them in and out for the most part. I looked at a 2020 JLU Willys today with the 2.0 turbo.......

I plan on shopping around to see what trade in would be on my truck. So far, KBB about gave me a heart attack on what it has trade in as listed. Has anyone else been given low trade in numbers. Im wating to see what the local dealer will give me tomorrow.
Good luck!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I say this with experience as I am on my 3rd Ram, 3 different generations. You have nothing to worry about long term, those quirks will simply just be there for the life of your ownership. Tongue in cheek but take comfort in knowing that those same quirks will exist through the life span of the generation as they are built year over year as well. ;)

Skyalkov

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel and a 2018 Sahara JLU with the 2.0. I love them both, and the Jeep is a lot of fun, but the Ram is so nice after driving the Jeep. I’m still blown away by this Ram generation, it’s my 7th Ram since ‘01. The only one that I couldn’t wait to get rid of was the ‘12 2500 Cummins. I much prefer the Ram as a daily vehicle even with the size due to the comfort. But the Jeep with the 2.0 really zips around, and with the all the Jeep attributes I love it as a secondary vehicle.

v_eight

Reaction score
I have considered trading my Bighorn in on a Rebel. I was offered $30k trade in most recently.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I much prefer the Ram as a daily vehicle even with the size due to the comfort.

Agreed! I really like Tacomas, had a couple of them before my family grew. Now that the family is older, I could get away with a smaller truck but the comfort, it would seem like work now to drive anything else, especially long trips.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score

Get the issues fixed under warranty. How do you expect to trade a one year old vehicle and not be upside down? You say you are concerned about long term life? Then why are you looking at Jeep? You say you know them in and out. So you must be willing to overlook all of their problems, comfort, reliability, etc. Sounds as though you are trying to convince yourself to go back to Jeep as that may be what you really like/want. Ultimately, every brand has issues. If Jeep is what you want, just do it!

tobyw

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Rebel and a 2018 Sahara JLU with the 2.0. I love them both, and the Jeep is a lot of fun, but the Ram is so nice after driving the Jeep. I’m still blown away by this Ram generation, it’s my 7th Ram since ‘01. The only one that I couldn’t wait to get rid of was the ‘12 2500 Cummins. I much prefer the Ram as a daily vehicle even with the size due to the comfort. But the Jeep with the 2.0 really zips around, and with the all the Jeep attributes I love it as a secondary vehicle.

Similar boat here... We've got an '18 JLU Rubicon and the '19 Dodge. Love them both for very different reasons, although they have a lot of similar/familiar parts. I've driven the JLU-R from WA down to Mexico, and while it was by far the nicest road trip I've ever taken in a Jeep, a similar trip in the Dodge is hands down more comfortable and relaxing. Bopping around town is great in the Jeep though! Yep... I'll keep 'em both!!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope you are not considering the gladiator because that thing is just plain ugly.

reggiejp3

Reaction score
Take it from me who has both. If you drive a lot, the ram is much better. I love driving my 2019 wrangler but when I get back in my ram it's so smooth. For work I do almost 50k miles a year and the ram is soooo comfortable.....

Carcrazy72

Reaction score
To start with, I only drive my main vehicle three days a week. I have a work vehicle so most of my miles per year are on it. I was offered $33k today at one dealer. Was hoping for a little more but seems the market is a bit saturated and things are somewhat moving here currently.

I would love to own both but I am torn on the mater. I am going to revamp an old side business here soon and the Jeep wouldnt be a bad marketing item for it. However, the 1500 is a great truck. Its a hard choice!!! At this point, I may get one dealer to run my credit and see where the numbers fall. If I can get the Wrangler for a bit cheaper per month, I may pull the trigger on it for that simple fact and buy a little utility trailer.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Take it from me who has both. If you drive a lot, the ram is much better. I love driving my 2019 wrangler but when I get back in my ram it's so smooth. For work I do almost 50k miles a year and the ram is soooo comfortable.....
Same situation here, I’m a jeep fanatic but jumping from our JL Wrangler into the Ram is refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread