5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I must be an idiot! OEM TPMS

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
So I've ordered a new set of tires and wheels for my 21 big horn. I bought OEM Ram tpms sensors just to avoid any issues with the system. I can NOT get these installed into my new wheels. Holy heck it's a super tight fit. I assumed they would be the screw on type but they aren't. I've tried to use WD-40 to help but I just can't push this through. Any one else have issues?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I've ordered a new set of tires and wheels for my 21 big horn. I bought OEM Ram tpms sensors just to avoid any issues with the system. I can NOT get these installed into my new wheels. Holy heck it's a super tight fit. I assumed they would be the screw on type but they aren't. I've tried to use WD-40 to help but I just can't push this through. Any one else have issues?
Without knowing what wheels you bought...kinda hard to help you ;)

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
sorry I was just assuming that the valve stem hole was a standard size. I bought the Scorpion Razor - 20x9 +12offset

Attachments

• 20210902_150531.jpg
    20210902_150531.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20210902_150913.jpg
    20210902_150913.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 40

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know, you can't push them thru. There is a tool for them to be installed. You push the valve stem thru the hole and attach a tool on to the thread of the valve stem and pull it thru.
Here is a video of the tool and the install.

Last edited:

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
As far as I know, you can't push them thru. There is a tool for them to be installed. You push the valve stem thru the hole and attach a tool on to the thread of the valve stem and pull it thru.
thank you. I did just see a video that shows that tool. I wish I had seen that before I tried pushing. I ripped one of the rubber casings. Just had to order another sensor. I also ordered the tool. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread