5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love to drive it......but I am concerned.

BMac728

Reaction score
just found a new leak . Lifted carpet on drivers side. soaking wet. Brand new truck. Disgraceful

clarkehaven

Reaction score
This must be frustrating and best of luck with the repairs. Definitely the result of a new manufacturing plant. There's a lot of "stuff" going on with these trucks and many kinks being worked out on the fly. I should have leased![

is it just me or are all these water issues on LIMITED models?

I know when I looked at in stock units at a dealership that only the Limited models had incorrectly installed drain grommets.....in fact ALL of them did.

clarkehaven

Reaction score

I know when I looked at in stock units at a dealership that only the Limited models had incorrectly installed drain grommets.....in fact ALL of them did.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I don't think the grommets are the primary source of any leaks. Mine were not properly installed (Longhorn) when I took delivery, and it was rainy all weekend after that...no leaks. I've since discovered and corrected the grommet installs, but I never had a water intrusion issue.

clarkehaven

Reaction score
I don't think the grommets are the primary source of any leaks. Mine were not properly installed (Longhorn) when I took delivery, and it was rainy all weekend after that...no leaks. I've since discovered and corrected the grommet installs, but I never had a water intrusion issue.

I drove through very heavy rain and some standing water before my grommets were fixed and that is when i had water in the rear of the cabin.....i dont think simply setting in the rain or driving in light rain would allow enough water in to be noticed but water under pressure is a different story

Ramjack

Reaction score
just found a new leak . Lifted carpet on drivers side. soaking wet. Brand new truck. Disgraceful

What a shame for such nice-looking, great-driving trucks. Oh, well. I guess a Fiat is a Fiat.

ponypride

Reaction score
Mine just reached the dealership. Rained very hard here throughout the day. Made a special trip to the dealership to check if it was dry, since it was sitting outside. Front and back was dry. Where are the grommets that should be inspected? I will check them.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is from another thread

After reading about your sunroof drain tube, I happen to peek between the cab and bed of the first 2019 I looked at while at my dealer today and what do you know? It was popped out exactly as you described. I didn't find any others but definitely something owners should look out for. Here's a shot from the passenger side:
View attachment 2661

When properly inserted you should not see any of the white drain hose on the cab side. The grommet should just look like a nipple with some of the drain hose protruding from it toward the bed.

Itsmemandyp

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Limited is having water issues as well. We noticed it two days after purchasing it. We brought it to the dealer to have it detailed and to get inspection sticker. Upon returning home, we noticed they didn’t do a good job, so we decided to clean ourselves. When we removed back floor mat we discovered mold and the carpet was soaked. We called sales manager and he told us to bring it back for a deep cleaning. A week later Went to clean it again and when we removed floor mats, the mold was back and the carpet was wet throughout truck. The truck has been at the dealer for a week and they’re still investigating the issue! Another issue is squealing brakes. Service guy told me that’s normal due to where I live, but he would check them out. That’s BS! Guess I need to move out of Louisiana. We finally decided to purchase a new vehicle, limited at that, and this is what we end up with. I’ll update when the finish their investigation.

Three weeks at the dealership and still waiting on a response!

Summer Wages

Reaction score
Trouble I'm having is ALL the new trucks drive and ride nice. Some can even stay out of the service bay. My Ram is certainly testing my patience and the luster is wearing off quickly. They can't keep blaming all these issues on "first year problems". My Wife has a 2018 Traverse that is also a first year production and its been excellent for over a year now.

Itsmemandyp

Reaction score
Three weeks at the dealership and still waiting on a response.
After three weeks, we finally have a response. Drain tube not properly inserted. If the dbag in the service dept would of listened to me. He could of diagnosed problem from day 1, but he insisted they don’t get info from forums! To make it right they want to change out the carpet in the entire truck. We will probably be contacting a lawyer. The truck has rusting in it and will never be the same after pulling everything out. Disgusted and should of stuck with a Chevy!

Chiefcal

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @clarkehaven and yes a couple others have had water problems... search for “leak” and you’ll find this discussion (linked below)... the whole thread is good if I do say so myself (and please take the owner’s poll!) but this specific post and several after it discuss a hose grommet that has been found loose and not seated properly between the cab and the bed. Check it out, hope this is an easy fix... keep us posted if it ends up something else that we should look for.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how’s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/post-20708
Hi I’m new to the forum just purchase a 2019 crew can with panoramic roof. Notices the carpeting was damp . Found this forum and looked at my truck. The passenger side drain tube is sticking out like the picture . Just made an apt with dodge. Told them what I found . Have to bring it in on Wednesday . Hopefully that’s the problem .

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi I’m new to the forum just purchase a 2019 crew can with panoramic roof. Notices the carpeting was damp . Found this forum and looked at my truck. The passenger side drain tube is sticking out like the picture . Just made an apt with dodge. Told them what I found . Have to bring it in on Wednesday . Hopefully that’s the problem .

You can easily pop it back in from underneath. I did and it's far easier than dealing with a service appointment!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took these of the pano roof drain tubes to show what “right” should look like as of a September ‘18 build. Note the inspection witness marks too.

Attachments

• 5FF85EF7-7740-4467-A432-CE3C03237ED2.jpeg
    5FF85EF7-7740-4467-A432-CE3C03237ED2.jpeg
    985.2 KB · Views: 125
  • C5AEB775-A563-4C7E-98EC-3211CA13B87D.jpeg
    C5AEB775-A563-4C7E-98EC-3211CA13B87D.jpeg
    800.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread