5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just don't get it

90Addict

Reaction score
you made the statement "I'm supposed to get it tinted Tuesday fml lol"
that made it look like it would have an affect
getting it tinted has no effect and they might be able to clean it
Was more of a reply to the "take it to dealer". I feel like they would say something about the tint or tinter touching it

90Addict

Reaction score
Well generally you look at the window after the tint is done to make sure it "looks right" and having that crap on isn't going to help.

Also if it's really damage on the glass it would need to be replaced, and hes going to need to pay for a second tint job.

+1 for them being able to clean it. I'm sure they have seen it before.
I'm going to ask the tint guy Tuesday night

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't tried alcohol yet. I'll be trying it tomorrow after work. I feel like the glass needs to be "stripped"
That's where using claybar on it will "strip" it. I know many detailers that clay bar glass before applying protective coatings.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another vote for the clay bar using spray detailer. No way that will ruin your glass. Isopropyl Alcohol should work good too and much cheaper first. Try that first.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't used razor blade cause I don't wanna scratch it. What is the glass stripper? I saw some guys use a clay bar but idk if it'll work. Worth a try I guess. It's like a haze tho not dirt
use a blade at a very small degree to make it as parallel to the glass as possible. Goes without saying, use a clean, new blade.
The glass stripper is a chemical/ cleaner. Click on the link I linked and it will take you to the exact product i was talking about.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is super new and I just don't understand the haze on the windshield. As soon as it gets wet you can see the haze. I tried cleaning with invisible glass and also rainx ceramic stuff. This is what is left after trying to dry it all off with a towel. Any help is greatly appreciated View attachment 135237 View attachment 135238
I have seen this many times on new cars, you can use a water spot remover of your choice and I would be willing to bet that will take the haze off. Another member mentioned Vinegar, which will work well if you can keep the Vinegar on the glass for an extended period.

Here is a link to Chemical Guys water spot remover: Water Spot remover I have been having good results with this product.

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe what some of you are saying. The glass just has a film on it. The easiest fix is to use a polishing compound or 0000 steel wool. I would recommend against the steel wool because it can drop steel fibers that will rust and depending on the truck color, can leave rust stains. Use a small polisher if you have one, or elbow grease if you don't. Clean the windshield, clay the windshield, dry it, then use the compound. You will see these imperfections when compounding, so you'll want to work the area until it's smooth and nothing remains. When you're done compounding, the glass will be so slick you won't want to use your wipers. Seal the windshield with whatever you want, even wax.

To keep it top notch, don't run your wipers over bug splatter. The wipers will pick up the junk and drag it across the glass putting new "oil" all over allowing for new streaks. You may need to do this to your windshield every few months, but it will be crystal clear and rain will just blow off as you drive.

GMetal

Reaction score
I use denatured alcohol. It removes anything solvent based. Then reclean with glass cleaner to remove remaining residue.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wax it. Have a small brush/ old tooth brush handy in case you get any wax on the black rubber seals.

n7qpp

Reaction score

May I suggest Bon Ami. I use this to clean my windshield before I appling RainX. Works Great

90Addict

Reaction score
Small update cause I ended up working 14hrs today so not much time. I came home and tried 70% iso alcohol. Spraying it on and using some elbow grease. Minimal change at all. Was getting a little angry so I put so much elbow grease with a pretty dry paper towel in a small area that I actually saw some improvement. There's no way I would be able to do this on the whole windshield. Better yet, I'm not lol. I think i might try the clay then compound as stated above.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wax it. Have a small brush/ old tooth brush handy in case you get any wax on the black rubber seals.
My personal favorite.
1658802150220.png

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Small update cause I ended up working 14hrs today so not much time. I came home and tried 70% iso alcohol. Spraying it on and using some elbow grease. Minimal change at all. Was getting a little angry so I put so much elbow grease with a pretty dry paper towel in a small area that I actually saw some improvement. There's no way I would be able to do this on the whole windshield. Better yet, I'm not lol. I think i might try the clay then compound as stated above.
Sounds like hard water stains.
Could also use a sponge that you would use in your sink.
It's pretty minor stuff if you got it off with a dry paper towel.

RJS

Reaction score
My 19 Laramie had the same issue and Invisible Glass wouldn't cut the film. I went to Griot's Garage Premium Foam cleaner from Autozone and it did a much better job. I did protect the paint from the cleaner also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online