5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just bought a WHAT?

Texas Truck

Reaction score
I've been shopping for over a year and planned to order my exact spec after the multi-function tailgate was available... then overnight i found a truck over 100 miles away, made a deal and the only option that wasn't my spec was the tonneau cover that was already on the truck. Sticker $71,900/Paid $61,147 with 0% financing.

2020 RAM LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 (born 8/2019, delivered 9/2019) - v8 HEMI-etorque
-Diamond Black; Body colored bumpers; Bed utility group; Level 1 eq group; Tri fold tonneau; 3.92 gear ratio; Pano sunroof; Multi-Function tailgate; 33 Gallon tank; 22 inch wheels; RAMBOX; trailer brake control

MODS:
LED Cargo lights; LED 3rd brake light; Mopar all-weather mats; PPF front end; 35% tint front windows; hitch cover

Attachments

• Ram back.JPG
    Ram back.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Ram corner.JPG
    Ram corner.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Ram side.JPG
    Ram side.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 153

dave-o

Reaction score
@Texas Truck - nice truck! I have a question on the multi-function tailgate and the tonneau cover. Which brand model is the cover? Gator Hybrid or something else?

Texas Truck

Reaction score
@Texas Truck - nice truck! I have a question on the multi-function tailgate and the tonneau cover. Which brand model is the cover? Gator Hybrid or something else?
The tonneau is the Mopar factory trifold. Originally I was set on a retrax roll cover but since this one was there I'm giving it a go. So far I'm pleased with performance. What is your question on the tailgate?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
The tonneau is the Mopar factory trifold. Originally I was set on a retrax roll cover but since this one was there I'm giving it a go. So far I'm pleased with performance. What is your question on the tailgate?
Congrats on your truck. With the factory Trifold and Rambox it comes with a set of black rails. If you want the Retrax or Retrax Pro, which I have the Pro, you will need to get the silver rails that comes with the trucks that don't come with the factory cover.

Texas Truck

Reaction score
Congrats on your truck. With the factory Trifold and Rambox it comes with a set of black rails. If you want the Retrax or Retrax Pro, which I have the Pro, you will need to get the silver rails that comes with the trucks that don't come with the factory cover.
Wow, very good to know. Curious about the difference but glad to have the information up front! Thanks!

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the Limited family and beware that frequenting this site will cause your bank account to shrink!

Texas Truck

Reaction score
Welcome to the Limited family and beware that frequenting this site will cause your bank account to shrink!
I've noticed that! Also realized how much additional time in my life its taking to keep it as clean as I want it. PPF is helping on the highway.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

BRKRAY

Reaction score
Wow, very good to know. Curious about the difference but glad to have the information up front! Thanks!
I have a set of the silver rails. I'll let them go for cost plus shipping. I had the black rails and a retrax cover. I never installed the cover until three days ago. On my new 2019 3500 that had the silver rails.

Texas Truck

Reaction score
I have the 2019 version of your truck minus the Multi-Tailgate and Ram boxes. Awesome choice!
Thanks JJRamTX How do you like the mud flaps you installed? Also, what do you think about the screen protector and which did you choose?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks JJRamTX How do you like the mud flaps you installed? Also, what do you think about the screen protector and which did you choose?

I think the mudflaps are a Must have! After seeing what others have had happen with their Limited trucks wheel trim you should put them on ASAP in my opinion. Haven't had any trouble with them and they only take 20-30 minutes to install with no drilling or anything difficult.

I got this screen protector.

For the protection of what could happen to scratch the screen it is worth the peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread