5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just added the OEM power running board !!!

Mohabdullah

Reaction score
Heey guys
I just installed the OEM power running board from mopar on my ram 2019 larim black apperance, u can contact me for any further information on my phone 817-939-0219, just worked as it suppose to, no problems, plug and play, takes 3-4 hrs to install.
I can help anybody to buy, install.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heey guys
I just installed the OEM power running board from mopar on my ram 2019 larim black apperance, u can contact me for any further information on my phone 817-939-0219, just worked as it suppose to, no problems, plug and play, takes 3-4 hrs to install.
how much are they ?

Creep0321

Reaction score
Options on uconnect to deploy without opening doors? Or is that what the flash is for?

Mohabdullah

Reaction score
Options on uconnect to deploy without opening doors? Or is that what the flash is for?
It just worked without doing flash, i made an appointment with the adviser to do configration restore which is cost 85$, but when i finished, just worked, i did not check the uconnect optiones.

blankenbuhler

Reaction score
I wonder how feasible it is to remove factory installed power steps and sell/install them on another truck? Would they cause an error msg/code once removed??

Mohabdullah

Reaction score
I wonder how feasible it is to remove factory installed power steps and sell/install them on another truck? Would they cause an error msg/code once removed??
Its not that easy, the harness, controller underneeth the driver and the fuse box connections are hard to split.
I prefer to buy a new whole kit from mopar and install.

nibin

Reaction score
Heey guys

I was looking into this and saw the instructions not very great. Is this going to OBD port?

Astromere

Reaction score
I was looking into this and saw the instructions not very great. Is this going to OBD port?
From my research and reading (meaning no real experience) the OEMs do not go to the OBD port. They integrate more directly into the systems for UConnect access and control. That’s why I’m looking at the OEM instead of after market like AMP Research.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Heey guys
Are these still working good for you?

Hemi22

Reaction score
Heey guys
Just installed these on my 2022 Laramie 4x4. The install was pretty straight forward. However, once I finished they didn't work correctly. They are attempting to work. I can see and hear them move. The problem is they are not coming down all the way. Also when I open the drivers side door the passenger step deploys and when I open the passenger door the driver step deploys. Lol. And like I said they are not fully deploying. I think that I have the wiring to the grey clip mixed up. Did you install the wires to the grey clip: brown/orange, orange, green, green/brown? And the running boards were fully assembled out the box so I just bolted them up. I saw one YouTube video of someone manually extending the steps prior to installing and connecting. Not sure about that though. I've attached a photo of how mine looks. I'm pretty sure the black clip wiring is right (the orange wire is directly underneath the red). Any input would be greatly appreciated.
1646205054478.png

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No OBD port. You connect power at the front fusebox under hood and control via connection the the CANBus blocks under the dash. Wires from exterior enter via holes you need to make in the firewall seal near the steering column. The overall install is a good bit of work but not particularly difficult. IMHO it's crazy to spend the money on Mopar and then not complete the job with reprogramming (AlfaOBD or Dealer) to get the uconnect controls.

Also, that link to see the price is garbage. You can find Mopar coupons and dealer specials easily and get them for less than $1300.

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
If you live somewhere with harsh winters store them until it’s nice out. My 19 has had both motors replaced so far.

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
Heey guys
Do you have the part number?

DRUE ROD

Reaction score
Heey guys
Hay bud glad to hear I'm trying to install a set on my 2024 Laramie and need the part numbers of E & F on the diagram i took off the harness and boards from my 2021 and didn't take those 2 pcs from the old truck and can't find these anywhere

Attachments

• 2023_10_25_15_15_52.pdf
    232.2 KB · Views: 28

ZWilson07

Reaction score
Hay bud glad to hear I'm trying to install a set on my 2024 Laramie and need the part numbers of E & F on the diagram i took off the harness and boards from my 2021 and didn't take those 2 pcs from the old truck and can't find these anywhere
Any update on getting those part numbers for the harnesses?

Users who are viewing this thread