5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cant believe I am asking this but...

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I have read that entire thread and was pumped when one member was able to start to make it happen for people and I was all in! Then I kept reading and saw the higher ups shut him down which is total BS!

Also thanks again for the recommendation I will look into those speakers. Any need or recommendation on new door speaker replacements?
Thankfully I was one of the lucky ones and I have passive entry now. Swifty only got 13 of us to be able to get the feature turned on...

About the speakers, start with the dash speakers and continue changing the doors if needed. Dash speakers takes 5 minutes to replace so it will give you a good indication of what it will sound like when upgrading the rest. It will get louder and more crisp with the more speakers you change.

fitKore

Reaction score
Thankfully I was one of the lucky ones and I have passive entry now. Swifty only got 13 of us to be able to get the feature turned on...

About the speakers, start with the dash speakers and continue changing the doors if needed. Dash speakers takes 5 minutes to replace so it will give you a good indication of what it will sound like when upgrading the rest. It will get louder and more crisp with the more speakers you change.

Hi there! Can you let me know which speakers you put into the dash? I unfortunately have blown my Alpine speakers and am looking for info on what to replace them with. I want plug and play rather than a new amp or anything like that.

Thanks!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there! Can you let me know which speakers you put into the dash? I unfortunately have blown my Alpine speakers and am looking for info on what to replace them with. I want plug and play rather than a new amp or anything like that.

Thanks!
Hey! How did you blow your spekaers?? :oops:
I tried so many of them, a few sets of kickers, jbls, JLs and the HK dash speakers, imo the JL sounds the best but the HK were great too, the best combination for me was Kickers in the rear headliner, Kicker 43DSC3504 in the center dash and Alpine on the sides. For the door speakers i went with Infinity Primus and i found this setup to be the best sounding setup for oem Alpine amp.
Changing all the dash speakers was too much for me, too much highs. Changing just the center speaker was perfect, adds some rich highs and still not overbearing.

To summarize everything.

Dash sides: Alpine.
Dash center: 43DSC3504
Doors: infinity PR9613IS
Rear headliner: Kickers 46CSC354

fitKore

Reaction score
Hey! How did you blow your spekaers?? :oops:
I tried so many of them, a few sets of kickers, jbls, JLs and the HK dash speakers, imo the JL sounds the best but the HK were great too, the best combination for me was Kickers in the rear headliner, Kicker 43DSC3504 in the center dash and Alpine on the sides. For the door speakers i went with Infinity Primus and i found this setup to be the best sounding setup for oem Alpine amp.
Changing all the dash speakers was too much for me, too much highs. Changing just the center speaker was perfect, adds some rich highs and still not overbearing.

To summarize everything.

Dash sides: Alpine.
Dash center: 43DSC3504
Doors: infinity PR9613IS
Rear headliner: Kickers 46CSC354

No clue... but they sound like crap on loud bass hip-hop now. It's changed since when I purchased the vehicle. Maybe it's the 115 degree weather in Vegas? Not sure. ;( I'm going to buy some new speakers and give it a shot. I think it's the dash sides that blew but it's kind of hard to tell exactly.

Thanks!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
No clue... but they sound like crap on loud bass hip-hop now. It's changed since when I purchased the vehicle. Maybe it's the 115 degree weather in Vegas? Not sure. ;( I'm going to buy some new speakers and give it a shot. I think it's the dash sides that blew but it's kind of hard to tell exactly.

Thanks!
Get new Alpine speakers for the dash and swap the door speakers... The infinity speakers for the doors are very loud and will take some load of the dash speakers trying to produce all the highs in this system(smh)
btw, it's not likely that it's because of the heat... I live in Chandler, Az.... Nothing's wrong with mine after more then a year... (120 degree whether)

fitKore

Reaction score
Get new Alpine speakers for the dash and swap the door speakers... The infinity speakers for the doors are very loud and will take some load of the dash speakers trying to produce all the highs in this system(smh)
btw, it's not likely that it's because of the heat... I live in Chandler, Az.... Nothing's wrong with mine after more then a year... (120 degree whether)

Do you know a good model for the alpine on dash sides by chance? I pulled up the original which is: MOPAR - ALPINE 3.5" SPEAKER

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the Alpine 9 speaker system, the center speaker cover says Alpine. Does the cover on the 6 speaker system have any markings on it?
The base 6 speaker audio says nothing on the center grill cover in the dash (and no speaker in the center of the dash).

The Alpine says "Alpine" on the center grill (and has a center speaker).

The HK says "Harmon Kardon" on the center grill (and obviously has a center speaker as well).

If you were buying a 2019 Big Horn off the lot the only way to get the Alpine audio was to get the eTorque HEMI. I'm not sure if the same requirement was true if you ordered one.

Last edited:

Guistwite04

Reaction score
Where is the sub woofer located? I have the 9 speaker system but there is no subwoofer under my rear seat and can’t imagine a subwoofer being behind the seat backs. I’m wondering if the factory forgot to install the subwoofer.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Where is the sub woofer located? I have the 9 speaker system but there is no subwoofer under my rear seat and can’t imagine a subwoofer being behind the seat backs. I’m wondering if the factory forgot to install the subwoofer.
It's behind the back seats.

Guistwite04

Reaction score
Thanks. I cranked up the bass and could feel the vibration. But couldn’t find any way to actually see the subwoofer.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I used these. Two different vehicles now as well. Love love them. I put them in headliner in rear and front dash. 04466238-A131-4DF4-A159-9995369DB39E.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
BTW: Get a set of 3.5" Infinity Ref for the dash and some bass blockers, it's going to make the sound considerably better. They run for less than $100 for both the spkrs and BB and i think it's going to be enough for you. This way you will eliminate the need for a center dash spkr.

These speakers are great and I also recommend them. But they came with "bass blockers" (capacitors) when I bought them from Crutchfield, so I didn't need to buy anything else. The bass blockers you posted are the same capacitors with some wire and terminals attached. Anyone with heat shrink and a soldering iron can make them with the supplied capacitors and wiring adapters.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
These speakers are great and I also recommend them. But they came with "bass blockers" (capacitors) when I bought them from Crutchfield, so I didn't need to buy anything else. The bass blockers you posted are the same capacitors with some wire and terminals attached. Anyone with heat shrink and a soldering iron can make them with the supplied capacitors and wiring adapters.
I didn't know you get them in the box :oops:
The Crutchfield guys really are the best in the biz, they think about everything you might need and include it in the box. They might be $10-20 more than eBay or other sites but it's definitely worth it, knowing you're getting everything you need!

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I cranked up the bass and could feel the vibration. But couldn’t find any way to actually see the subwoofer.
You can't see it... When you look down on the rear passenger side, you will see a cover, if you lift this cover it will show a part of the subwoofer's leg. to get access to the sub, you need to remove the back seat.
I circled the leg in the picture.

Attachments

• i2381909.jpg
    i2381909.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 37

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't know you get them in the box :oops:
The Crutchfield guys really are the best in the biz, they think about everything you might need and include it in the box. They might be $10-20 more than eBay or other sites but it's definitely worth it, knowing you're getting everything you need!
They were in the boxes I received. Probably supplied by Infinity though since they were inside the retail boxes.

I couldn't agree more about Crutchfield. I'll gladly pay a little bit more for the extras and service you get from them. Like speaker mounting adapters (if needed), wiring harness adapters, and vehicle specific installation instructions, all at no charge. And they're available for assistance if needed, also free of charge. They are also great about sending replacements if something they included was wrong (like wiring adapters). You might save ten or twenty dollars buying speakers from Amazon, but then you need to spend more on any adapters you might need. And you won't have installation instructions or phone support. They are my go-to for all things audio.

Users who are viewing this thread