5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Husky X-Act Contour mats

asac12

Reaction score
Any update on those? I’m seriously considering ordering the X-act front and rear, but don’t want a permanent bulge in the mat. My OCD won’t allow it.
The rear mat didn't settle after trying what Husky asked me to try. I emailed them and they said the mat must've stretched during production. Husky said they're sending me a replacement, but didn't specify when. I'll follow up with them in a few days.

clotagames

Reaction score
My rear mat is not up to par with other Husky mats I have bought before. Like some others on here the fronts fit perfect but the rear seems to wide. I took scissors and trimmed my mats so they would not cover vents under rear of front seats. Will also cut out for the rear seat fold down storage. Not my finest husky purchase but i wanted to match front mats.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I have spoken with an engineer at Husky and he is aware of the poor fit of some the rear mats. He believes it occurred due not allowing the cooling process for the mats in the proper position. He has sent me a new mat to replace my poorly fitting mat with a call tag for the other one. Bottom line, Husky is aware and seems very willing to replace the mats/liners with a proper fitting liner.

asac12

Reaction score
I have spoken with an engineer at Husky and he is aware of the poor fit of some the rear mats. He believes it occurred due not allowing the cooling process for the mats in the proper position. He has sent me a new mat to replace my poorly fitting mat with a call tag for the other one. Bottom line, Husky is aware and seems very willing to replace the mats/liners with a proper fitting liner.
How long did it take for Husky to send you a replacement after you first told them of the issue? It's almost been a month for me and today I got an email from Husky saying their head engineer needs another 2-5 days for testing.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
How long did it take for Husky to send you a replacement after you first told them of the issue? It's almost been a month for me and today I got an email from Husky saying their head engineer needs another 2-5 days for testing.
I spoke with Steve at Husky and sent him a video of the liner on 1/25. We spoke on the phone on 1/28 and he said he was shipping it that day and I should have it by Friday. I haven't been home yet to know if it has happened. I feel pretty confident it will be here today or possibly tomorrow. Potentially you could speak directly with an engineer (steve) at Husky and bypass Candy who usually answers the phone but was not very helpful when I spoke with her alone. Steve Bower's email was [email protected].

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I spoke with Steve at Husky and sent him a video of the liner on 1/25. We spoke on the phone on 1/28 and he said he was shipping it that day and I should have it by Friday. I haven't been home yet to know if it has happened. I feel pretty confident it will be here today or possibly tomorrow. Potentially you could speak directly with an engineer (steve) at Husky and bypass Candy who usually answers the phone but was not very helpful when I spoke with her alone. Steve Bower's email was [email protected].
Well I just got an email with tracking for Wednesday February 6th. Not as quick as promised but at least I have a tracking number.

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
I installed the x-act contour in December front and rear. I noticed a high spot in the rear but hoped it would settle. Middle of February and hump was still there. I emailed husky customer service. They asked for a photo so I sent it to them. They responded asking for my shipping address. Just got the new one Friday, installed and had the same issue. Emailed husky again. 64713A27-4082-4DE8-AC36-BD936F2D0611.jpeg Now I am waiting to see their response. I strongly dislike WeatherTech. So not sure what to do.

RodRow

Reaction score
I installed the x-act contour in December front and rear. I noticed a high spot in the rear but hoped it would settle. Middle of February and hump was still there. I emailed husky customer service. They asked for a photo so I sent it to them. They responded asking for my shipping address. Just got the new one Friday, installed and had the same issue. Emailed husky again. Now I am waiting to see their response. I strongly dislike WeatherTech. So not sure what to do.

Buy the Mopar mats. They are only $150 and they are great (in my opinion).
2396770A-6041-4197-BC80-49FD9174CBA2.jpeg

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll check my mats when I get home, but I don't recall seeing that much of a bulge (if any) in the center. And FWIW, I prefer the Husky over the MOPAR as it goes over the sill plate.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Hushky's. I called and spoke with an engineer and he explained what he thought was the problem and sent a new one to me and it is fine. I imagine it is becoming more apparent to them they have a bigger problem. But, they did make it right with me. I think it is worth giving them another chance since they are owning up to it. Make sure you speak with someone by name so you can hold them accountable. In my experience, that was NOT the person that answers the phone in customer service. I spoke with Steve Bower who is the engineering manager at Husky. He sent me a mat he had placed in the back of a Ram 1500 himself to make certain it fit. [email protected] or call.

asac12

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Husky rear mat. I contacted them the same day and it took over a month for them to send me a replacement rear mat. Once I got it, I laid it flat inside my house to settle it down overnight. The new mat was a perfect fit.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My X-Act rear mat fits flat on the floor, no bulge/hump in center.

swarggs

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Hushky's. I called and spoke with an engineer and he explained what he thought was the problem and sent a new one to me and it is fine. I imagine it is becoming more apparent to them they have a bigger problem. But, they did make it right with me. I think it is worth giving them another chance since they are owning up to it. Make sure you speak with someone by name so you can hold them accountable. In my experience, that was NOT the person that answers the phone in customer service. I spoke with Steve Bower who is the engineering manager at Husky. He sent me a mat he had placed in the back of a Ram 1500 himself to make certain it fit. [email protected] or call.
Does the replacement mat you received still cover the lower air ducts?

I had a set of these for 5 years in my 4th gen and loved them. They looked nearly new when I traded it in. I hope they start making them in brown for the 5th generation trucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Does the replacement mat you received still cover the lower air ducts?

I had a set of these for 5 years in my 4th gen and loved them. They looked nearly new when I traded it in. I hope they start making them in brown for the 5th generation trucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
They could but I tuck them under the ducts.

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
Update: I spoke with husky. They are going to test a liner in a new truck and make sure the fit is perfect. Then they will send out the replacement. Wait and see.....

sgtsodo

Reaction score
I received a replacement rear mat in the mail direct from Husky. Fit is perfect.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Might be a Longshot here, but curious if anybody has both the xact contour mats AND the husky gearbox underseat storage. My truck didn't come with the underseat storage compartment, and I told myself I could live with it, considering everything else was up to my expectations, but now I've decided I need the storage for miscellaneous stuff. I'm curious how the fitment is with having them both, maybe someone could post a picture? Thanks in advance

Reaction score
After reading this thread I contacted Husky prior to ordering mats and they said they had found and corrected the issue (supposedly caused by how the mats were cooled). So I went ahead and ordered a set and put them in this weekend. I have the same bulging that others have seen. Seeing it in person, it really looks like the mats are just slightly too big. I have an email into Husky, but it certainly seems like the problem is not fixed yet.

Supes82

Reaction score
Might be a Longshot here, but curious if anybody has both the xact contour mats AND the husky gearbox underseat storage. My truck didn't come with the underseat storage compartment, and I told myself I could live with it, considering everything else was up to my expectations, but now I've decided I need the storage for miscellaneous stuff. I'm curious how the fitment is with having them both, maybe someone could post a picture? Thanks in advance

I have the x-act contour mats, and I also bought the gearbox. I don't have any pics, but I was not very happy with the fit. The gearbox just laps over the top of the mat, it does not fit any contours of the mat. The build quality of the gearbox was also disappointing, especially at that price point (even with 15% off), very thin and flimsy. Love the mats, sending the gearbox back.

Thinking about trying out one of the suggestions here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rear-under-seat-storage-aftermarket-options.2556/

I also had a slight bulge with the back mat, let it sit outside in the sun for a day or two and now it fits perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online