5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Husky X-Act Contour mats

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered these and received them on Saturday. So far I really like them. A nice soft feel and an exact fit. I know some of you have these or have used them in the past. I'm curious if anyone has cut out the spot for the Ram Bins in the back. I see they have the outline for it if you want to do it. I called their number and they said it is up to you, as it makes it so dirt and crud can get underneath obviously. However, they said their outline should be exact for it if I wanted to cut out that spot. My thing is, if I don't cut that spot out, it is kind of a PITA to lift up their molded back liner to access. I like the bins and have been using them (I have a small dirt vacuum in one, with lexol cleaner and microfibers. I have emesis travel bags in the other as my kids gets car sick easy).

Sooo, anyone cut out the spots before?

Paulny

Reaction score
I love the X-act contour mats and have had several sets over the years. However, I would personally never cut out the piece to allow for access to the bin when you could simply lift up the mat. You would be amazed how much dirt and crud will get around and on your bins. I like the idea of the bin being covered as well so that the top doesn't get dirty or dirt falls in when you lift the top. With lifting the whole mat up, you keep the area around the bin clean. That's just my personal opinion though ;)

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Jumping on a dead thread...

I installed these mats a couple weeks ago and really like them! Far more coverage than the stock mats in my Longhorn. I did notice two odd things, though:
  • There is a bit of excess material in the rear mat, almost like they got the measurement a bit off for the center of the mat. I'd say maybe an extra inch of width there? All the other measurements fit perfectly.
  • The rear mat covers the vents under the front seats. I'm considering taking a razor knife out and cutting holes for the vents, since I doubt any rear passengers would like having those blocked.

Last edited:

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Here ya go.

Front mat
Front mat.jpg
I should probably make sure there isn't a rain drop on the lense before I take the picture...

Rear mat
Rear mat.jpg

Can't really see the bubble at this angle and in a still picture, but this and the next picture are me pressing it in and leaving it up--feels like around 1" of excess material
Rear mat_2.jpg

Rear mat_3.jpg

Covering the under-seat floor vent
Rear mat cover vent.jpg

Here's the vent, showing how much is covering it--I'd say the mat is roughly .75-1" too long under the seat
Rear mat cover vent_2.jpg

After a couple minutes of playing with it, got the edge of the mat to go under the vent
Rear mat cover vent_3.jpg

Ram1984

Reaction score
I’ve had mine for almost a month. The fronts fit perfectly. The rear is like you said, maybe in my case 1/2 “ too wide. There was a little hump/ buldge in the middle when I first installed,,but it’s almost laying flat now. The mat is tucked under rear floor vents as mentioned.

jk101

Reaction score
Got mine delivered on Monday, just the fronts, they fit perfectly!

Last edited:

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
G
I ordered these and received them on Saturday. So far I really like them. A nice soft feel and an exact fit. I know some of you have these or have used them in the past. I'm curious if anyone has cut out the spot for the Ram Bins in the back. I see they have the outline for it if you want to do it. I called their number and they said it is up to you, as it makes it so dirt and crud can get underneath obviously. However, they said their outline should be exact for it if I wanted to cut out that spot. My thing is, if I don't cut that spot out, it is kind of a PITA to lift up their molded back liner to access. I like the bins and have been using them (I have a small dirt vacuum in one, with lexol cleaner and microfibers. I have emesis travel bags in the other as my kids gets car sick easy).

Sooo, anyone cut out the spots before?
Getting crazy here but what if you cut out the sections for the storage bins and then using velcro or double sided tape then adhered it to the door of the bins? May need to modify the shape a little and/or cut out for the handle but this would allow you to still protect the top of the bin some but obviously would not stop all the dirt from getting under. Just a thought. I guess depends on how important it is to have easy access and to protect the lids. You'd have to be pretty good with the knife or scissors to make it look acceptable or OEM?

Rich

Reaction score
How do these compare to the Mopar 'RAM Factory' type of winter slush mats?

Normally I find that OEM mats fit best, and the slush mats I saw in some at a dealership looked great, but they are almost made out of unobtanium now.

If the fit and finish of these Husky type is at least equal to the RAM OEM mats (aside from the small rear fitment issue), I may try to find a set of these.

Last edited:

19Jake

Reaction score
can't beat factory (y)
interlocking 2pc rear with/without divider folded down
IMG_2570.JPG IMG_2571.JPG IMG_2634.JPG

Last edited:

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
G

Getting crazy here but what if you cut out the sections for the storage bins and then using velcro or double sided tape then adhered it to the door of the bins? May need to modify the shape a little and/or cut out for the handle but this would allow you to still protect the top of the bin some but obviously would not stop all the dirt from getting under. Just a thought. I guess depends on how important it is to have easy access and to protect the lids. You'd have to be pretty good with the knife or scissors to make it look acceptable or OEM?

Yeah I just decided to deal with lifting up the floor mat. :) I won't be using the bins with enough frequency to justify cutting the mats I think.

revolutionz

Reaction score
I also have the xact front and rear with mine. I had the weatherbeater previously. The rear fit was perfect in the weatherbeater, I didn't cut anything out on that one. The xact I cut out the bins and the tow hooks. Mine is also too big, and sticks up in spots. I talked to Husky on their facebook page and sent them pics. They said to call their customer service number as something was off. When I get the new one, I'll probably still cut out the bins, but not the tie down hooks. Can't really see a need for tie down hooks in a back seat.

Not really sure how the weatherbeater fit was spot on, but then the dimensions were off on the xact….you'd think they would use the same measurements?

asac12

Reaction score
I just installed the X-act Contour mats and found out the rear mat is lifting/bubbling up in the middle like what others have been saying. I emailed CS but haven't got a response yet. Is this a factory defect or will the mat settle down over time?

Rich

Reaction score
can't beat factory (y)
interlocking 2pc rear with/without divider folded down
View attachment 12375 View attachment 12376 View attachment 12377
Thanks for posting these pictures!

I seem to find the red ram mats available, where the all black are on backorder.

I have a blackout truck and am wondering if I should go with the red ram version or hold out for the all black. It's winter now and I want to protect my new truck for winter salt and sand here in NH.

If anyone knows where I can find some all black mats in stock, please let me know!

revolutionz

Reaction score
I just installed the X-act Contour mats and found out the rear mat is lifting/bubbling up in the middle like what others have been saying. I emailed CS but haven't got a response yet. Is this a factory defect or will the mat settle down over time?

I've had mine in for a month now, they haven't settled down at all. Husky CS on facebook said it was a defect and to call CS. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had mine in for a month now, they haven't settled down at all. Husky CS on facebook said it was a defect and to call CS. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Interested on hearing what they do... I was looking at the X-act liners due to the more rubberized texture.

revolutionz

Reaction score
The fronts are perfect. The rear weatherbeater I had was perfect. I think they just got their mold a bit off somehow. I'm sure they'll get it fixed, but the x-act are the way to go.

asac12

Reaction score
Amber with Husky CS emailed me back and suggested that I take "them in somewhere warm, flipping them over forcing the lips of the liner out, and allowing it to sit overnight. Any kind of heat/warmth will help that liner mold/relax back down to normal. You could also try taking a hairdryer to the liners as well to speed up that process." I was told to email her back if this doesn't work. I plan on trying this in my garage this weekend.

RodRow

Reaction score
Amber with Husky CS emailed me back and suggested that I take "them in somewhere warm, flipping them over forcing the lips of the liner out, and allowing it to sit overnight. Any kind of heat/warmth will help that liner mold/relax back down to normal. You could also try taking a hairdryer to the liners as well to speed up that process." I was told to email her back if this doesn't work. I plan on trying this in my garage this weekend.
Any update on those? I’m seriously considering ordering the X-act front and rear, but don’t want a permanent bulge in the mat. My OCD won’t allow it.

Ram1984

Reaction score
I have had my mats in for almost 1.5 months now. My rear mat is completely flat now. It sounds like some on here haven’t been as lucky

Users who are viewing this thread